Talk

Advanced search

Jealousy

(12 Posts)
Juliet88 Tue 21-Mar-17 08:00:19

Hi everyone
I need some advice please
So yesterday was my fiance's birthday and he had to work. He called me in his break and told me one of the ladies that works there had made him a birthday cake !
I know it might sound silly but I didn't like it. Why has this woman gone to all this effort of making him a cake !
Me and my fiance have been very stressed recently after I lost my job and have had more arguments then normal so that worries me as well, not only that but my ex cheated on me with someone he worked with so my mind is in over drive right now. I am being silly being jelious ?

EdithWeston Tue 21-Mar-17 09:53:08

Maybe she just loves baking and sees every occasion as an excuse for cake

Or she's adopted the role of 'office mother'

Did you talk about this after work yesterday? Has he told yah any more about the office dynamics?

Bluntness100 Tue 21-Mar-17 09:55:19

Unless you're about to deliver a huge drip feed here, yes, you're being unreasonable and silly to be jealous.,it's just a cake and she prob does it for everyone's birthday.

Juliet88 Tue 21-Mar-17 10:22:17

I didn't ask him about it any more as I don't want to course an argument over it.

fruitbats Tue 21-Mar-17 10:26:01

I think you're over thinking this OP. It's just a cake. I used to work with someone who loved baking and would makes for any occasion how I miss her and her cakes
Forget about it - or make sure he brings you a slice home.

MissGoggins Tue 21-Mar-17 10:28:19

Your ex cheated. That's why he is your ex.

It's a cake, he told you. I hope you were nice. People like to bake. Make like Elsa.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 21-Mar-17 10:28:50

Honestly this waves no red flags to me but you are having a tough time and are probably on edge. He wouldn't even have mentioned it to you if there was any funny business afoot.

phoenixtherabbit Tue 21-Mar-17 10:36:50

Don't be offended. I make cakes for birthdays in the office, people ask for them sometimes. I hope I haven't upset anyone's wife! I don't do it because I have any feelings for these people I do it because I like baking! It's probably v innocent!

AliciaMayEmory Tue 21-Mar-17 10:36:57

Sounds like you had a tough time with your ex, but you are way over thinking this. Someone baked him a cake. It's a nice thing to do. A normal response is 'how lovely of her, make sure you save me a slice!'.

Juliet88 Tue 21-Mar-17 10:47:34

Thank you everyone !
It's been a tough few months and I am letting things get to me.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Tue 21-Mar-17 10:49:30

It was a cake.
Birthday bj would have been unacceptable. . But cake is fine. .

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 21-Mar-17 10:51:19

Hope things improve for you soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now