Talk

Advanced search

Nervous over food

(4 Posts)
Fuzzyduck123 Thu 23-Feb-17 18:19:12

I don't really know where to start but i've always been funny around food. I'm not anorexic or bulimic or anything. I don't think i'm necessarily overweight but i've always been hard on myself and hated my figure. There aren't many foods i like or have ever tried and it's been that way since i was a kid. I only eat plain pasta, plain pizza, potato products, chicken, fruit and veg and things like sweets and chocolate. I don't like anything with sauces like gravy, ketchup, bolognese and milk on cereals. When i see someone eating something that i don't like it makes me uncomfortable and i can't watch. The other day someone was trying to make me try bacon and it made my legs shake and me feel really nervous. I don't know if there's something wrong or what to do.

specialsubject Fri 24-Feb-17 17:59:57

As unanswered - no, this is not normal. What other people eat should have no effect on you. What you eat sounds OK nutrition wise but self loathing is not.

You need some psychiatric help but Im not sure what to suggest so hopefully
Bumped for you.

holidaysaregreat Fri 24-Feb-17 18:03:24

I was very fussy like this until probably early twenties and the smell of bacon used to make me retch. I changed in my twenties and now eat loads of different things. The flipside is that I used to be naturally very slim and now could do with losing a few stone.
I have no idea why people get so invested in what others are eating. It sounds like you get all the main food groups, so there isn't really a problem - only for other people.

Fuzzyduck123 Sun 26-Feb-17 13:59:34

People do find my eating habits strange and i get bored honestly of eating plain pasta 3 days in a row but there is barely anything else i like or can bring myself to try. Even from high school when the food fights happen if a sandwitch with butter and chicken on (for example) would land even near me i would feel uncomfortable and god forbid it touching me. When i've mentioned it to my friends they laugh it off and don't see anything serious so i don't know what to think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now