Advanced search

Protocol in adressing a London Assembly member?

(6 Posts)
Blu Thu 01-Mar-07 13:10:35

I should know this, but how should I address a member of the London Assembly?

As in Dear Ms...<name of member>, or other address?

Also she has a the letter sent to Ms <name. CBE?

peachygirl Thu 01-Mar-07 13:20:08

Bumping for you to see if anyone has a better answer than mine
I think it should be as a normal letter Dear Ms/MR whichever title they use and I wouldn't put on the CBE

PrincessPeaHead Thu 01-Mar-07 13:21:15

Envelope should be addressed to Ms Joan Bloggs, CBE

Just Ms Bloggs inside

PrincessPeaHead Thu 01-Mar-07 13:21:41

I know this as both PILs have CBEs and are very fond of them being correctly used on envelopes!

Blu Thu 01-Mar-07 13:24:59

Thank you.

So London assembly member demands no particular address, like Dear Cllr, for local council members?

PrincessPeaHead Thu 01-Mar-07 13:25:52

Nah, don't think they deserve it.

But I don't actually KNOW

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: