Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feedback please re dh business idea

(8 Posts)
badgerhead Wed 28-Feb-07 20:02:17

My dh is due to be made redundant at the end of the year after working for the same company for 32 years!
Anyway he is thinking of the future & has come up with an idea for a business, but would like feedback from various sources.
He is thinking of opening a soft play area with a difference in that it would be mobile, (built inside a double decker bus)so that he can take it out to rural areas where there is not much chance of some families being able to access this type of activity without own transport. We live in West Sussex in one of the larger towns & although there is a small area here the nearest big ones are in other towns which, apart from one, you would need to drive to, to access the soft play.
Would mumsnetters be interested in using this type of facility & if so what would you like to see included, bearing in mind its small size.

HuwEdwards Wed 28-Feb-07 20:04:05

hi badger - somebody operates that type of thing round here (midlands) and hires the bus out for parties - it's a huge success.

issyissyissy Wed 28-Feb-07 20:06:50

my neighbour used to run a similar scheme in that it was a bus that travelled around the area, setting up at set points during the week. They used to do usual things like painting, dressing up, water play, etc. I think it was very popular. Good luck to you.

MerlinsBeard Wed 28-Feb-07 20:12:58

That already exists here and apparently is quite popular. Not used just by people who can't get to that kind of area because if you are that rural then u would drive.

NOt something i would use but i don't rreally know why tbh

ohsmellyjelly Wed 28-Feb-07 20:15:08

Message withdrawn

Theresa Wed 28-Feb-07 20:35:44

I live in town and am lucky enough to have loads of soft play/toddler groups but that sounds like a great idea for people 'in the sticks'

RubyRioja Wed 28-Feb-07 20:42:45

Think party bookings would be big. Probably loved by people who hate the vast unruly ones. Where would the adults go? How many kids woudl it take?

Sobernow Wed 28-Feb-07 20:47:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now