Talk

Advanced search

Help, please. Are there any Italian speaking/writing mnetters around ?

(7 Posts)
Bubble99 Wed 28-Feb-07 19:27:15

I'd like to write a message in a card in italian.

What I'd like to say is -

Congratulations on the birth of baby Emma.

We are all so happy for you both and hope that Matteo will enjoy being a big brother.

Lots of love from

Bubble ( well, obviously won't be that name!)

Thanks in advance.

DrMarthaMcMoo Wed 28-Feb-07 19:30:15

Babelfish has it -

Congratulazioni sulla nascita del bambino Emma. Siamo tutti così felici per voi entrambi e speriamo che Matteo goda essere un fratello maggiore. Lotti di amore da

(but I'd wait for someone who really speaks Italian - their translations are a bit flakey sometimes). Like I'm thinking bambino might be boy baby?

Bubble99 Wed 28-Feb-07 19:43:28

Thanks, Moo.

And how are yoooooo?

Yes, I agree that the 'bambino' should be 'bambina.'

Let's just hope that Babelfish isn't getting me to ask about their cat, or something.

franca70 Wed 28-Feb-07 19:48:21

ok it should be:
congratulazioni per la nascita di Emma. Siamo molto felici per voi e speriamo che Matteo sia felice di essere un fratello maggiore.
Con tanto affetto
bubble

Bubble99 Wed 28-Feb-07 19:57:42

Thankyou so much, franca.

The card is to the family of DS2's best pal. I've bought a pink 'Blankie Bear ' (half bear, half blanket) and wooden door letters spelling 'Emma.' We're going to miss this family a lot when they return to Italy after a 5 year contract in London.

I didn't dare buy any clothes for the baby as the parents are both sooooo stylish (cliched but true)

franca70 Wed 28-Feb-07 20:32:27

that sounds lovely bubble, I love the wooden letters! It must be really sad for your ds2 seeing his best pal leaving .
If you need other translation, just shout!
actually I think it'd be even better:
congratulazioni per la nascita di Emma. Siamo molto felici per voi e ci auguriamo che Matteo sia felice di essere un fratello maggiore.
Con tanto affetto bubble

DrMarthaMcMoo Wed 28-Feb-07 21:06:45

Oh good, I'm glad you got a real Italian person. I just love Babelfish...I can't resist it .

I'm fine, thanks for asking. I'm a Dr now, of course. Don't see you around so much these days...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now