Talk

Advanced search

Smoke Alarm going off when vacuuming!! HELP!!

(9 Posts)
Carolhh Mon 06-Feb-17 15:56:30

not sure what causing the smoke alarm in upstairs landing to go off. only thing I did was a little hoovering. both upstairs and downstairs alarms went off. I managed to switch it off and shortly after it came on again.

im not sure what is causing it? i used vinegar to clean downstairs not sure if the smell is turning in on or i it is the dust from vacuum? i did hoover after quite a long time ..

DorkusDelonghi Mon 06-Feb-17 16:01:30

There is no way your Hoover could be overheating and making smoke?

DorkusDelonghi Mon 06-Feb-17 16:03:22

Vinegar fumes won't make a smoke detector go off. Has it stopped going off since you've stopped hoovering?

If it only went off when you were hoovering then the hoover must be smoking!

Carolhh Mon 06-Feb-17 16:05:34

no hoover is fine no smell off smoke

the vinegar was used downstairs so I am confused if downstairs fire aarm goes off is it connected to upstairs one?

yes stopped after hoovering and opening windows, although I stopped hoovering when alarm went off....then turned alarm off,,,then after few minutes it came on again,....
could have been dust was still in the air maybe?

SavoyCabbage Mon 06-Feb-17 16:06:59

Mine goes off with steam. When you open the bathroom door after a shower.

LeBoob Mon 06-Feb-17 16:07:19

Is the battery low? Ours is very sensitive when it needs changing

Mol1628 Mon 06-Feb-17 16:09:44

Mine goes off with steam too.

I'd bet it was the dust. Are the smoke alarms linked? That would explain why both went off.

FromIbizaToTheNorfolkBroads Mon 06-Feb-17 16:12:45

Mine has the done the test beep thing when I've walked underneath it with the hoover before now.

However it hasn't done it for so long that I'd forgotten until this thread.

Carolhh Mon 06-Feb-17 16:32:49

hmmm
must be dust
someone in my house said its the vinegar he hated the smell thats why lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now