Talk

Advanced search

What could have caused this?

(4 Posts)
lananzack Sat 04-Feb-17 16:00:36

Friend freaked me out completely last night, but as I'm not much of a believer of the supernatural (which my friend is adamant this is a case of), I need a logical explanation.

Was on the phone to her for a while 11pmish, she was on my loudspeaker whilst my phone was infront of me on my table as I was faffing trying to set something up. Had been on the phone for a while, she had been on loudspeaker since she phoned me so there was no trip as I went from handset to speaker, no noise around me, no TV on.
Half way through the conversation she says "what? Who are you with?" And I say "what? nobody.. Why?" At this point she sounds confused and says nevermind. We continue with conversation for a while, eventually hang up and I go to bed.
She rang again this morning and said "I didn't want to freak you out last night, but I swear I heard somebody with you".. Nope, wasn't with anybody. What did you hear? "It sounded like a bloke whispering hello directly into your phone" ..yeah, bollocks, no you didn't. "I swear it, if id have wanted to prank you I'd have told you last night to scare you - I was freaked out myself!" So.. What could cause perhaps mixed signals in an iPhone like that? I was also on wifi and my phone was close to the wifi box, could it perhaps have picked up something from that?
I'm naturally a bit weirded out, but I just refuse to believe a 'ghost' would say hello to my friend on the phone. grin

Paddybare Sat 04-Feb-17 16:26:22

It was quite a few years ago now but I distinctly remember be able to just about hear another persons conversation while on the phone once. As it was obviously another conversation I could hear it didn't freak me out but I can imagine being weirded out by what you described!

ImperialBlether Sat 04-Feb-17 16:27:43

Was that on a landline, Paddybare? It wasn't uncommon to have crossed lines.

abbsisspartacus Sat 04-Feb-17 21:30:34

Crossed line? My phone did a weird underwater talking thing once it properly freaked me out as I've read a book called tick tock and there is this demonic doll that kills a lot of people

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now