Talk

Advanced search

What is your opinion on HOT TUBS?

(34 Posts)
mosschops30 Sun 25-Feb-07 15:47:17

I always thought they were a bit lame, and for swinging couples ..... but

last night went to stay with some friends who have one and they asked us to bring our bathers (which we were a bit dubious about) but after sitting in there at midnight sipping wine I am now plaguing dh to buy us one (it will have to go on the mortgage

am I turning into an arse or are they acceptable

NappiesGalore Sun 25-Feb-07 15:49:34

they are arsey. poncy. naff. awful.

but i looooooooove mine! !!

kittylette Sun 25-Feb-07 15:49:36

think of the peeping tom neighbours secretly filming you, lol

flutterbee Sun 25-Feb-07 15:49:40

Brilliant if you are on holiday or a have very very large house.

Extremly naff in any other circumstances.

mosschops30 Sun 25-Feb-07 15:51:22

kittylette we dont have neighbours like that and it wouldnt be where anyone has a view of the garden anyway

rofl nappiesgalore, how much did you pay for yours?

Blandmum Sun 25-Feb-07 15:52:14

We are getting one ion a few weeks. using them gives dh a lot of relief from pain.

The kids can't wait.

We will not be swinging!

mosschops30 Sun 25-Feb-07 15:53:49

mb do you mind me asking where you bought it, what sort it is and how much you paid (sorry cheeky I know, feel free not to answer)

themoon66 Sun 25-Feb-07 15:56:21

I like the idea of them. But I do have a nagging worry that they are a big warm soup bowl of bacteria in reality.

Blandmum Sun 25-Feb-07 15:57:09

we are getting a 'real' jaccussi one, and it is coming as part of a deal with a conservatory (dh always wanted one of those as well!) It is costing us £4900, which is a crazy amount, but atm, what dh wants he gets, and has cashed in his extra pension payments because he will not live to get them anyway, so we arejoying spending them now IYSWIM

pointydog Sun 25-Feb-07 15:57:42

har! would be hilarious in my garden. AT least eight lots of neighbours would be peering through windows at me, sitting blubbery and red with plastered hair shouting at the feckin cat.

Jimjams2 Sun 25-Feb-07 15:57:52

I'd like to get one for ds1- he loves hydrotherapy at school- but currently can't afford it,

deaconblue Sun 25-Feb-07 15:58:23

I think naff and a bit unhygienc. Have you seen How Clean is your house where they find fecal matter in jacuzzi baths?

paulaplumpbottom Sun 25-Feb-07 15:58:41

You may not be swinging but I bet its the first thing your friends think when they see it.

deaconblue Sun 25-Feb-07 15:58:45

oops spelling is crap

themoon66 Sun 25-Feb-07 15:59:00

LMAO at Pointydog.

Blandmum Sun 25-Feb-07 16:01:49

wil have blinds, so let the buggers talk!

If you visit JJ, my tub, is your ds1's tub!

Blandmum Sun 25-Feb-07 16:02:29

shopping bag, do not intend to shit in my own tub

I will save it up for the leasure centre one

NappiesGalore Sun 25-Feb-07 16:04:07

lol pointy.

am embarrased to how much. dp got it for his own birthday, but i did nothing to discourage the idea

no-one overlooks our garden and we've put it close to the house so that mad late night mid winter naked dashes over frozen decking are somewhat shortened... its bloody marvellous i tell you. i could live in the thing (being brought regular top-ups by dp of course)

i will say, if they offer a music option, get the controls where you can reach them from inside the tub - ours is like a car stereo onlt accessible from outside the tub which is just plain stooopid.

oh, we dont do swinging either !

and moon - dp does the chem,icals and cleaning etc. it does look like quite a palaver, but since he does it, not me, i dont much care!

Jimjams2 Sun 25-Feb-07 16:05:10

er, "if you visit"..... you could regret saying that MB

mosschops30 Sun 25-Feb-07 16:06:07

you are supposed to put chlorine tablets in it every day so it keeps clean so hopefully no faecal matter in them

i agree always though they were naff until last night which was great, so relaxing just hopped out and then off to bed (no together obviously trying not to carry on with the swinging myth)

mb thats really good value, the one our friends had cost 7k but they said you can buy similar for about 4k, which to us is mega-bucks but might be worth it

NappiesGalore Sun 25-Feb-07 16:06:57

JJ - make it a campaign, start a collection, hold fund raising events... its therapeutic!

jalopy Sun 25-Feb-07 16:08:33

Great in someone else's garden

pointydog Sun 25-Feb-07 16:09:18

har har, mb!

Jimjams2 Sun 25-Feb-07 16:17:57

I've put in an application to SS for a Safespace nappies- I think if I started asking for a hot tub they would mark me down as taking the piss

expatinscotland Sun 25-Feb-07 16:19:05

I love 'em!

But they are a PITA to keep up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now