Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else recently gone cold turkey on celeb mags?

(11 Posts)
deaconblue Fri 23-Feb-07 14:31:27

After that horrible Danielle woman from BB seemed to be making a packet selling her hard luck story about being a nasty bullying cow and people not liking her I decided I wouldn't spend a penny more to line these people's pockets. So no more Heat, Closer or OK. A moral victory, so why did I spend 10 mins in Woolies this morning looking at the covers and wondering what the goss was???

suzycreamcheese Fri 23-Feb-07 14:42:07

oh i look at em all..got all the best haunts lined up to check out mags i would never buy..

bought Heat for the train though..turned into a 12 hour horror and also mopped up tea spilt so very handy..worth the money sometimes

chipmonkey Fri 23-Feb-07 14:48:19

They are so not worth the money though. They reel you in with the headlines and then the stories themselves are rubbish. And seem to be written by childless 20 year olds who think themselves experts on how celebs should raise their children.

bobsyouruncle Fri 23-Feb-07 14:52:23

I decided to stop buying them too - to save money & because they're full of crap!? But my sister does pass Heat on to me, and it would be rude to refuse them & hurt her feelings wouldn't it?

Moomin Fri 23-Feb-07 14:52:44

I stopped buying them regularly when I got arsey with heat for printing photos of Madonna's daughter on a day out with her nanny - and no Madonna in sight so I thought it was pretty stupid and pointless to 'pap' a 7 year old. I wrote to them but they didn't reply (ooo wot a )

and I got fed up with about 3/4 of the magazine being taken up with huge page-size photos of someone getting their milk off the step with no make-up on and getting slagged off for it. YAWN

[admit I read them at my friend's house though )

deaconblue Fri 23-Feb-07 15:10:38

I know they are dreadful but somehow they are quite addictive too. Nearly stopped last year when they were hounding the lad who played Spencer in Eastenders because he was apparently suicidal - mmm maybe Heat following him around didn't help. But even that didn't stop me. Am determined to avoid putting one more penny in Jade and Danielle's coffers

DizzyDoris Fri 23-Feb-07 15:16:18

I have not bought them recently for similare reasons as Op, not interested in Jdae/Danielle/Jo/Shilpa tec.
But it is killing me not knowing waht is going on in the lives of the bekhams and the Madonna'a etc....
Still get good links on here to get my 'fix'

littlelapin Fri 23-Feb-07 15:16:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tortington Fri 23-Feb-07 15:18:54

i never ever buy them - ever - except when i am ill and then dh buys them. but i like the free gifts - thats why.

anyway - deeply depressed and about to butcher dh to death with a blunt object ( take longer hence more satisfaction) mumsnetter mabs came round to take me out for a drink and in hand loads of celeb mags and some f those posh ones too.

i swear my toes were white by the time i got out of the bath.

and pooing has never been so enjoyable.

DeviousDaffodil Fri 23-Feb-07 15:30:34

mosschops30 Fri 23-Feb-07 15:31:30

I have given them up since the summer BB with Nikki and Pete, drove me crazy every week, and now same with other non-entities

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now