Talk

Advanced search

A MASSIVE HELLO to anyone who has the memory of an elephant!!!!!!!!!!!

(158 Posts)
Lizzer Thu 22-Feb-07 13:31:08

<Lizzer shuffles through the door, looking all of 5 years older, with chunkier thighs, dirty blonde hair scraped back, and an expression of pity akin to that of a stuffed toy dog on sale at a petrol station (its pathetic, really - don't fall for it, it has been 5 yrs since she dissapeared from sight without even so much as a goodbye, let alone an explanation of her weird, frankly downright rude, behaviour - make her grovel, that's what I say, in fact I'm not sure she should even be allowed in!!!)>

"Erm, hello?"

Tutter Thu 22-Feb-07 13:32:58

when you were last here i was lightyears away from being the decrepit bag of a mother that i am now so didn't frequent MN, but i am, and do, now

so... hello and welcome back

Marina Thu 22-Feb-07 14:12:58

So where have you been all our lives?
Is all well with you and are you...Back for Good?

batters Thu 22-Feb-07 14:13:24

hello my dear .

You know loads of us remember you still .

So - what's been happening? How is your dd? Any more children?

Marina Thu 22-Feb-07 14:17:32

I have sent you a CAT Lizzer X
am about to mosey off to a meeting...

batters Thu 22-Feb-07 14:18:25

me too .

bossykate Thu 22-Feb-07 14:27:33

hello! i remember you! in fact we have met!

where have you been?

batters Thu 22-Feb-07 14:29:49

The first ever official Mumsnet meetup - was that in 2002 bk? The years just melt into one...

eefs Thu 22-Feb-07 14:29:53

my god, you should do a search for yourself, you've been missed m'dear.
Nice to see you back - so what happened? Hows your DD?

bossykate Thu 22-Feb-07 14:30:16

batters Thu 22-Feb-07 14:39:13

oh wow. 2001. That is a long time ago...

bossykate Thu 22-Feb-07 14:39:57

eh? what was that you said dear? <<shuffles forward on zimmer frame...>>>

Blu Thu 22-Feb-07 14:43:01

Hello Lizzer. I didn't know you before - wasn't here then, but have the spare tyre of an elephant - will that do? Just wanted to say 'hello'.

Davenid Thu 22-Feb-07 14:52:07

Lizzer! my god i was thinking about you the other day (its enid btw)

Lizzer Thu 22-Feb-07 15:00:17

Ah shucks, you guys, I'm touched!! And I'm sooooo sorry for not being around through all the madness and meetings (do you still have em?) and general mumsnettery. Forgive me mumsnet for I have sinned!

Ok, well to fill you in. (I'll try not to make this too painfully long and boring)
I moved into a tiny rented house with DD (I had been living with my mum and dad) in 2003 and did not have internet access, though its still no excuse for sloping off for so long. Once there I had a bit (ok a lot) of a meltdown. I had been dumped by A, who I thought was the love of my life and even though I'd been through the breakup with dd's dad it was this particular relationship that finished me off. I went loopy, started drinking and partying all the time (not around dd, btw, she was thankfully cared for a lot by my mum and, thank the lord, was too young to remember her mum looking like crap) I wasn't working very much and had no concept of the damage I was doing to myself as I spriralled further downwards into depression....

I began pulling myself out of it at the start of 2005, realising life could not go on with me in this state..I took some doing.Then A, who had gone away travelling for 14 months(he was only 26 at the time) came back and declared his undying love for me and dd. I, however, did not believe a word of it, once bitten and all... It took a while for him to prove himself but finally he did and I finally belved that he left for the right reasons and that he wouldn't go again. For the past year we've been getting things really good, are buying a house and..................................We're getting MARRIED!!! I'm so excited! dd is thrilled and she loves him dearly, and hopefully there might be addition to the family in the next year or two!!

So enough about me, what about you guys. Was it really 2001 when the first meet was?? WAHH! That's crazy. Eefs, I can't believe that I was mentioned last year, its so touching. Marina, have you anymore children, you were pg last time I was on?evrything go well?
tutter I'm sure you aren't a decrepit bag, ha ha!
Batters,bossykate, what's been happening to you guys?
Is scummymummy still about? Bells?Tigermoth?Tigger?Pupuce?RobinW (joke)Oh my god there's so many more names in my head, its spinning. Perhaps I should just look them up..
I've been lurking for a day or two now, I'm so pleased I'm back. Love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lizzer Thu 22-Feb-07 15:01:47

Enid! Hello, that's a bit weird timing isn't it

Hello, Blu too

Rhubarb Thu 22-Feb-07 15:07:14

LIZZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miaou Thu 22-Feb-07 15:15:11

Lizzer, don't remember you as you left before I joined, though I think I am considered an "oldie" as I have been on here nearly 3 years! Congratulations on getting yourself and your life back together though!

(and even though I don't know you I get the warm fuzzies when an old pal of my old pals shows up )

motherinferior Thu 22-Feb-07 15:17:20

Cor, you are making me feel youthful.

That sounds a rollercoaster. I'm so glad things are on the up now.

Lizzer Thu 22-Feb-07 15:21:27

RHUBARB!!!!!

Rhubarb Thu 22-Feb-07 15:21:51

LIZZER!!!!

CountessDaveula Thu 22-Feb-07 15:23:29

Hey Lizzer, I remember you!
(I may have been SamboM, can't remember when I changed to CountessDracula)

suedonim Thu 22-Feb-07 15:29:06

Wow, hello stranger!!!

Lizzer Thu 22-Feb-07 15:34:41

OH RHUBARB!!!!!!!

Suedonim, its still such a great name!

Countessdracula is what I remember!

Marina, I'm prob being stupid but what's a CAT? (I guess it doesn't miaow)

suedonim Thu 22-Feb-07 15:36:09

And I used to be Chairmum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now