Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Conveyancing Solicitors - how do you deal with estate agents? (hacked off emoticon)

(6 Posts)
jodee Thu 22-Feb-07 12:56:36

Just wondered what your stance was when they phone up, chasing their commission on a sale? Do you speak to them every time? I'm a legal sec and try to be polite to them on the phone - if we are acting for the seller they I try and answer their queries, but if we are acting for the buyer then I politely say that they should be speaking to the seller's solicitor for info as the seller is their client. Just had an agent (on a purchase) saying he had never heard anything so ridiculous in his life, he was very rude, then sent a fax saying that the 'Receptionist' told him that we do not take calls from Agents (lie lie).

itsmeNDaveP Thu 22-Feb-07 12:58:37

some people think it's acceptable to treat admin/clerical staff like something they scraped off their shoe.

whoopsee Thu 22-Feb-07 13:00:04

I am a legal cashier but do take my turn at answering the phone - we have one particular agent that is really rude and we hate it when he calls as he never believes a word we say! espcially if it is regarding a fee earner being out of the office!
You are right he should be chasing the sellers solicitor as they are the ones that will pay the commission!

Fenella1 Thu 22-Feb-07 13:10:35

OOh Whoopsee I used to be a legal cashier - never met another one outside of work before!
Mind you this was in Scotland, outside of Glasgow and Edinburgh there really aren't estate agents as such, as solicitors have their own estate agencies an all in one type thing. You sell your house through a solicitor - this might help explain what I mean!

whoopsee Thu 22-Feb-07 17:22:45

Lol Fenella - thinking about it I never met one outside of work (or courses) either!
I know what you mean about the gspc as I used to live in Scotland but was told I probably wouldn't get a job as a cashier there for some reason (it was by an employment agency)

jodee Fri 23-Feb-07 11:24:10

<<Jodee waves at Whoopsee, feels a twit that she didn't know it was you and retreats back under the virtual duvet to recover from last night!>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now