Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Urgent: Does anyone know how to unlock a Siemens SL55 mobile phone please?

(8 Posts)

A friend has given me her spare mobile (as above) because I dropped mine in a swimming pool on Tuesday (don't ask ) and clearly, as a result it is dead as a doornail.

I need to use my SIM in this new phone but it needs unlocking; it's currently Virgin and I am 02. If I ring Virgin I assume they can send me an unlocking code but I don't really have time for that; I need my phone to be functional (on my usual number) because my dad is ill in hospital and I need to be contactable at all times.

Can anyone help? Does anyone know the unlocking code I need?

Would be really grateful....

littlelapin Thu 22-Feb-07 09:47:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlelapin Thu 22-Feb-07 09:50:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Thankyou LittleLapin, I will try that.. bugger though..

NurseyJo Thu 22-Feb-07 10:01:00

Message withdrawn

NJ thank you, that's a really kind offer, but I think this is getting sorted now..

Rang Virgin and a lovely man called Richard is hopefully ringing me back with an unlocking code in half an hour.. he said as long as £30 of credit has been spent on the the SIM that came with the phone, he is allowed to let me unlock it and change networks. He checked it out for me, was quite a lengthy process as I didn't even have the existing PIN's phone number to hand, and said yes, £30 has been spent on it previously, so that means they are able to recoup their losses re the network change with no probs.

And he's getting back to me.. thanks for your help guys, googling and so forth.. you are wonderful!

NurseyJo Thu 22-Feb-07 10:20:45

Message withdrawn

PMSL... I didn't think to ask if he was Richard Branson.. !

Hit a snag. Phone was not bought direct form Virgin, so Richard is trying to contact Siemen's to find out what retailer sold this handset.. as THEY will be in possession of the code..

Meanwhile I am trying to contact my friend who gave me the phone.. bit difficult seeing as her number is on my drowned phone (ARRGH!) and clearly not saved to SIM as my phone book is not showing up when I put my SIM in DH's (also 02) phone..

Bloody hell..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now