Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

broken biscuits

(9 Posts)
rey Wed 21-Feb-07 18:58:06

this has bugged me...
round at a friends house recently, she opened a packet of biscuits to give the children. The first few were broken, not badly just like in two or three biscuits. She threw them in the bin and then shared out some of the others. I was astounded. Is she extremely posh? Is it me? What's wrong with eating them? (She lives in an ordinary house seems ordinary etc. Even if she didn't want to hand them out which I could understand if you are uncertain about politeness why not just put them to one side or in a biscuit tin?)

CaliforniDave Wed 21-Feb-07 19:01:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fishie Wed 21-Feb-07 19:02:31

gosh my mum used to buy boxes of broken biscuits from finefare. she'd be in their bin like a shot....

rey Wed 21-Feb-07 19:16:25

So did my mum!

Sheraz Wed 21-Feb-07 19:17:42

What a waste! at least put them out for the birds!

colditz Wed 21-Feb-07 19:18:09

That's not posh, that's very council estate. Throwing good food away!

Jessajam Wed 21-Feb-07 19:20:02

Threw them in the bin??!!

What a waste!
No, genuinely, what a waste!!

She's not posh, 'real' posh people don't give a hoot if their biscuits are broken or not because they are secure enough in their poshness not to have to 'prove' it by what they eat!!! (As opposed to wannabe poshers a la Hyacinth Bucket).

southeastastra Wed 21-Feb-07 19:22:48

they taste different if they're broken

rey Thu 22-Feb-07 12:28:19

So glad it's not me! Now there's a thought (her background) Colditz! Now have an awful thought that she doesn't know me and may have thought that I would disaprove - oh dear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now