Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

PMT - the silent menace

(12 Posts)
JoshandJamie Tue 20-Feb-07 20:43:10

I have been sitting here this evening feeling absolutely blah. I feel depressed about everything, second guessing my abilities, wondering why I'm bothering to try run a business and look after kids when it would be so much easier to not do both, feeling fat, not being motivated enough to do any exercise, knowing I have so much work to do but just can't be bothered to do it.

And then it hit me, I have three pills left on my pack of contraceptives. Penny drops. It's almost that time of month. Suddenly even though I feel rubbish, I know why I feel rubbish. And that makes me feel better. I hate the way PMT stealthily creeps up on you. Even though it happens every month, it manages to catch me unawares every time.

clayre Tue 20-Feb-07 20:44:49

know the feeling! chocolate and loads of it helps!

JoshandJamie Tue 20-Feb-07 20:47:31

Considered chocolate, veered left and headed straight to wine. Although after this glass, i feel I might be persuaded to have both

DontlookatmeImshy Tue 20-Feb-07 20:52:06

I know. It's so crappy. More often than not dh notices/realises before I do. He'll ask if i'm due on soon in a timid please-don't-shout-at-me-I'm-not-being-sarcastic-It's -a-genuine-question tone of voice

and then I realise he's right and we all feel better as soon as we know why I've had a fit at him for daring to blow his nose or something.

JoshandJamie Tue 20-Feb-07 20:58:15

You'd think with it happening every month that we'd start to twig, but there is something cunning about it so that I invariably forget why I am in a vile mood.

JoshandJamie Tue 20-Feb-07 20:58:57

oh - and don'tlookatme - my DH does the same. And he usually ends up getting bollocked before I realise he's right

QueenDave Tue 20-Feb-07 20:59:56

Oh I had this the week before last. I didnt realise at all. It should be outlawed.

Overtiredmum Tue 20-Feb-07 21:04:33

I have discovered an exercise dvd which is kick-boxing based and it has helped me to combat depression and pmt/mood swings. I have been doing it for three weeks now and me and DH have nothad one argument in that time. Even DH has noticed a difference!

raspberries Tue 20-Feb-07 21:28:44

Ha, I do this ever month too. Suddenly every one I know is REALLY annoying and I have to eat vast amounts of chocolate (and ice cream and crisps, but it takes several days for me to twig!
What is the name of the exercise DVD?

JoshandJamie Tue 20-Feb-07 21:31:31

I want the DVD name too. And raspberry, I just openend a bag of crisps...

WideWebWitch Tue 20-Feb-07 21:32:10

I WANT TO KILL SOMEONE

Sympathy.

clayre Tue 20-Feb-07 21:35:25

i didn't realise i had pmt, till dp cautiously said 'are you hormonal, you've eaten 3 boxes of chocs this week' at that point i gave him the look of evil and he went back to watching sky sports.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now