loader

Talk

Advanced search

What would you be doing now if....

(39 Posts)
chickaroo Tue 27-Dec-16 19:29:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EmpressOfTheSpartacusOceans Tue 27-Dec-16 19:34:22

I don't. And I'm curled up on my parents' sofa eating cake.

SwearyGodmother Tue 27-Dec-16 19:37:24

I don't. I'm drinking champagne, eating pizza and watching Harry Potter. Living the dream.

jimijack Tue 27-Dec-16 19:41:50

I would probably be abroad, somewhere hot and fabulous.

Or hitting the January sales for lovely gorgeous cream sofas and rugs, beautiful new clothes and boots, and going to some lovely restraunt for dinner WITH wine.

Instead I'm cuddled with a little plump toddler smelling his lovely little head after his shower, listening to his little breaths as his sleepy little head snuggles against me....waited 10 years for this, so exotic holidays no longer matter.

Wine on the other hand.......

OhPuddleducks Tue 27-Dec-16 19:42:36

Me and DP used to go on holiday at Christmas pre-kids, so I think I'd be on some sort of long hail city break right now. Fun at the time but I'm more than happy to STILL be eating the Christmas ham having put them to bed after a brutal Hungry hippos tournament!

allegretto Tue 27-Dec-16 19:42:48

I would like to think that I would probably be on a relaxing break somewhere as would have considerably more money!

lljkk Tue 27-Dec-16 20:12:14

Some kind of volunteering, I hope.

EscapeFromHubby Tue 27-Dec-16 20:12:30

I don't know but I probably wouldn't be living where I do now, be working in the job I do now or be with my DH

MsAwesomeDragon Tue 27-Dec-16 20:14:00

I have no idea, but I would hopefully be doing it somewhere exotic.

PurpleDaisies Tue 27-Dec-16 20:14:46

I don't. We've sat on the sofa almost all day. It's been lovely.

sooperdooper Tue 27-Dec-16 20:16:41

I don't, we're on holiday in the lakes, went for drinks yesterday in the village pub and I've been in my pjs all day, watched indiana Jones now Harry Potter & drinking wine smile

ProseccoBitch Tue 27-Dec-16 20:22:17

I don't. I'm cuddled up on the sofa with the dogs half watching Harry Potter. Bliss.

ImSoUnoriginal Tue 27-Dec-16 20:53:02

Not a criticism, just confused as to why people without kids are commenting, when this was directed at people with them!
If I didn't have my baby I would probably be watching a film. I love him to bits, more than anything in the world but I'd love to sit down and watch a film. He's a bad sleeper so instead he's asleep on my shoulder. Will be popping him in his cot in few mins and praying he sleeps better tonight.

PurpleDaisies Tue 27-Dec-16 21:00:08

Because the op appeared to be interested in what people who don't have kids are doing now ImSoUnoriginal. Is that really difficult to see?

moglovesselectionboxes Tue 27-Dec-16 21:04:55

Not sure. Probably the same as I am now-sat watching tv- but with more animals most likely than just mogdog. I'm not one for wild nights out.

nancy75 Tue 27-Dec-16 21:06:23

I would probably be in a pub!

ToEarlyForDecorations Tue 27-Dec-16 21:06:52

Drove to a couple of nearby towns just for a look-see as we only moved to the district six weeks ago.

We got home, watched tv then made tea which we ate whilst drinking a bottle of gifted red wine, then tidied up the kitchen.

We're now watching Posh Pawn at Christmas on t.v. whilst consuming warm mince pies and cold single cream. I've just opened the after dinner mints.

We're both totally chilled, slightly pissed and happy.

No screaming bawling tyrannical little bastard bundle of joy to spoil things with it's howling gob or yet another shitty nappy for the parents to deal with.

FourKidsNotCrazyYet Tue 27-Dec-16 21:10:17

I have no idea but the thought of not having my children is abhorrent. I'd be a shell of the person I am today. My children were the absolute making of me.

ToEarlyForDecorations Tue 27-Dec-16 21:16:11

Let the goading commence

busyboysmum Tue 27-Dec-16 21:19:35

I do have kids and I am also cuddled on the sofa watching Harry Potter ☺ one of our all time fave movies.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Tue 27-Dec-16 21:20:57

I like to think without kids I would have spent my Christmas walking in the Peaks or Lakes. In reality I'd probably be stuck at home working as I was this year!

I love my kids but I like to think I'd have a happy and fulfilled existence if I didn't have them. They will up and leave at some point, after all.....

pieceofpurplesky Tue 27-Dec-16 21:44:28

Interesting one. I would probably be with narcissistic exh somewhere in a cozy pub. Instead I am watching Harry Potter with my freshly laundered 12 year old in his Star Wars PJs. We are eating nachos and I am drinking marshmallow vodka.
Exh didn't think I had enough time for him as I looked after our DS, a disabled parent and had a miscarriage in the last couple of years. I am really really glad to be where I am.

timelytess Tue 27-Dec-16 21:45:54

Compensating.

BikeRunSki Tue 27-Dec-16 21:48:06

Probably on holiday. Likely N Wales, but seeing as we'd probably have paid off our mortgage by now, then maybe skiing somewhere in N America.

ricecrispies16 Tue 27-Dec-16 21:49:26

Trying to think of what I'd be doing now if I didn't have kids has made me realise I don't remember what life was like without them.... what did I even do?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now