Talk

Advanced search

Whose got any weird phobias then........................................

(14 Posts)
moosh Tue 20-Feb-07 08:42:47

There must be some really obscure ones out there with the amount of MNs out there.
Mine is the fear and dislike of really old films and old pictures, pre 1960's.

Had it since I was a child, mainly black and white but will freak out to the Wizard of Oz!
Sat with my back to the projector throughout our History of Fashion classes in College till we got to the 60's. I hate Laurel and Hardy e.t.c. any silent movies, any really old ones makes me really freak out. Old pictures are bad too, dp's family have l;oads and I hate sitting in the room where they all are.
I actually threw up a few times because I was eating my dinner and my brother used to tease me by turning the tv to Harold Lloyd or Charlie Chaplin and then would stop me from turning it over until I would scream for my mum. I just find that people back then were really quite disturbing to look at and I think it is also the way they move in the old footage clips, really not sure.

Its not as bad now as I don't want it to rub off on my boys but I will leave the room if they happen to watch something old with dp and do the washing up or ironing in another room.
Don't know why, not sure how it began, but there must be others that are worse and weirder than mine.

Tutter Tue 20-Feb-07 08:45:04

are you nicking my thread?

Tutter Tue 20-Feb-07 08:45:35

i shall bump it for you

there are some great ones on there...

NotQuiteCockney Tue 20-Feb-07 08:48:37

I'm bad with needles, but I don't think that's that weird a phobia.

And I have a strong dislike of sand, but I don't actually stop my kids playing in it. I'd rather not go on a beach, myself, generally.

scorpio1 Tue 20-Feb-07 09:32:43

Cotton wool-why does it have that texture??!!

oh and things like rats coming up the toilet (happened to my dad in india)

and moths

not much then!!

2ManyPimms Tue 20-Feb-07 11:30:23

I hate, absolutely detest stepping on fag ends so I wear shoes at all times and won't walk barefoot across a lawn unless I know it hasn't been frequented by smokers.

BLURG!!!!

moosh Tue 20-Feb-07 11:44:35

Sorry Tutter, had a read of your thread. I am sop lazy, I never really look for any threads similar to the one I want to post.
That'll teach me won't it .

Bubbaloo Tue 20-Feb-07 12:48:13

My mum also has a phobia of cotton wool,but only the stuff you tear off the roll.She's fine with the balls.

Pruni Tue 20-Feb-07 12:57:07

Message withdrawn

taylormama Tue 20-Feb-07 12:58:45

i am phobic about clowns - it is called culrophobia (sp) - think it stems back to a traumatic childhood party ... also laughing policeman - there is something about the hysterical laughing that makes my teeth itch and just freaks me out.

Piffle Tue 20-Feb-07 13:01:55

moths
and I don't like balloons in my house, I can do them for aprties and for the kids but they make me shudder and act very strange.

jstbcs Tue 20-Feb-07 13:07:43

Moths. HATE HATE HATE.. ScREAM ERRATICALLY IF ANYONE IS ANYWHERE NEAR ME. bordering on beign like this with butterflies as welll...

oh adn cant touch newspaper when i have pmt!

Pennies Tue 20-Feb-07 13:09:45

Buttons - I absolutely hate the things and have only just (after 15 yrs together) managed to face ironing DH's shirts.

nikkie Tue 20-Feb-07 21:40:02

Toothbrushes its the brushing noise

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now