Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Someone just reversed into me - sympathy needed!

(11 Posts)
sweetkitty Mon 19-Feb-07 16:01:36

because I feel like such an idiot as I never got their details

I was at the health centre for DD2's pneumococcal vaccination so on the way out there's a van parked just inside the entrance but I had room to get past so I'm at the entrance signalling right, there's cars coming either way so I need to stop and wait for them. Then I see his reverse lights come on and he reverses into the back of my car. You know that way I was watching him and thinking you better stop now mate but he never did. By this time there is someone waiting to get into the entrance so I got out quickly checked the back of the car and it looked OK so I drove off. The other driver didn't get out his van. When I get home of course theres a small dent in the side of the car that I had missed. Shit shit shit!

Phoned DP at work and he was totally pissed at me for not getting the other drivers details. I haven't been driving long and I'm really nervous so I didn't really think. It's only a small dent but still noticable. I feel like a complete idiot now. DP is bound to have a real go at me tonight about it

Just having a bad day as I'm full of the cold and DD1 has decided to un potty train herself as well.

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know how to get a dent uout of a car before DP gets home?

fairyjay Mon 19-Feb-07 16:05:01

It's a piece of metal. You and dd are OK. Easier said that done I know, but remember your priorities!

I would still mention it to the police though, the other driver should have offered his details to you, not just driven off.

sweetkitty Mon 19-Feb-07 16:10:31

To be fair to the other driver though he didn't get the chance to as I had to drive off as I (and he) was blocking the entrance/exit to the doctors. The police would just think I was an idiot too for not getting his details.

TBH it's more DP's reaction than the actual dent in the car I'm worried about, I couldn't care less about a little dent. Sod it there's one much worse on the other side (not me!). DP will just get on at me for being a scatterbrain!

bigcar Mon 19-Feb-07 16:14:32

Was the van delivering to the health centre, maybe you could ring and explain the situation and get hold of the company details and then ring them? As far as dp is concerned does crying work !

sweetkitty Mon 19-Feb-07 16:22:50

Should have just lied to DP and said I came out and it was like it, he probably wouldn't have believed me and thought it was my fault though.

Mellowma Mon 19-Feb-07 16:24:10

Message withdrawn

bigcar Mon 19-Feb-07 16:26:01

<<<<<hugs>>>>

sweetkitty Mon 19-Feb-07 16:34:57

have answered your questions mellowma

Mellowma Tue 20-Feb-07 07:43:12

Message withdrawn

edam Tue 20-Feb-07 08:17:12

I hope dh behaved like a grown up and didn't give you a hard time. What you needed was sympathy, not an attack for something that was not your fault. And he's got a flaming cheek given the dent on the other side!

sweetkitty Tue 20-Feb-07 18:09:12

DP was fine actually said these things happen just let it be a lesson and always get insurance details.

Edam - we don't know who dented the other side wasn't me though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now