Talk

Advanced search

2 months late for period any help to kick st

(41 Posts)
Alicejj8x Wed 16-Nov-16 13:25:05

Hello I just need any advice please
I am 2 months late on my period.. I have been to the doctors and had 5 tubes of blood taken and they have all come back fine- expect one of my hormone levels were high which the doctor told me is nothing to worry about

He told me my period would come on its own accord- but when your ttc it is a very annoying time with AF doesn't arrive

Is there any ways to kick start it off
I have googled it and have ate oranges, drunk tea had a hot water bottle etc etc just any other ways?

specialsubject Fri 18-Nov-16 14:20:51

Old wives tales never work. You aren't going to start a period with any of this.

Is it the obvious reason? If not, perhaps seek further medical advice.

Alicejj8x Fri 18-Nov-16 15:02:32

I have done a pregancy test but still negative
I have seek medical advice hence the blood tests but all back fine expect horomone level just raised
He did say I could get a hormone tablet if I wanted one in the next few weeks

WalterWhitesNipple Fri 18-Nov-16 15:13:38

2 months isn't anything to worry about IMO. I think if it hasn't returned in 2 more I would keep going back to the doctor. have you changed your diet? Feeling stressed? They can be contributors.

Fwiw I haven't had a period for 2 and a half years. I have no idea why and my doctor was absolutely useless.

Alicejj8x Fri 18-Nov-16 15:39:21

Erm my boyfriend went through a few weeks of depression which put ALOT of stress on me! But that was in August and in September I had a period as usual.. I had a mmc in April and then it took 4 months for my period to return and now it's been 2 nearly 3 since September period :/
Just so annoying when your ttc

Oh haven't you?! Are the doctors worried? Xx

WalterWhitesNipple Sat 19-Nov-16 14:48:46

Not particularly, she thinks it's down to emotional stress after an avent a few years ago so wasn't much help.

If your trying to conceive I would keep going to the doctor until you get help!

Alicejj8x Sat 19-Nov-16 16:37:57

Ohh I see. I hope your all okay smile..
And yes I think I may go back- the doctor said he wasn't worried and that it would come but as we're really looking to ttc before Xmas do you think if I went back they wouldn't send me away and say wait for it to come? X

Alicejj8x Sat 19-Nov-16 16:38:25

As he didn't offer the tablet last appointment but maybe if I call up Monday and say look I really need something?

crayfish Sat 19-Nov-16 17:02:38

I didn't have a period for over 150 days after I came off the pill and somebody advised me to try agnus castus (available at holland and Barrett). I did and my period arrived within the week. May have been a complete coincidence though to be fair.

Alicejj8x Sat 19-Nov-16 17:26:27

Ahh okay.. I just googled this and it says don't take if your trying for a baby? :/.. maybe I shall ask at Holland and barret tmo? Thankyou! Xxxx

crayfish Sat 19-Nov-16 18:07:26

I was trying for a baby at the time so just used it until my period came and then never again, although some people say you can use it until ovulation and it's still ok.

Alicejj8x Sat 19-Nov-16 18:25:09

Oh okay Thankyou so much I am going to get this tomorrow and pray it works. It is safe though isn't it?

crayfish Sat 19-Nov-16 20:26:22

I don't know about 'safe', to be honest it probably doesn't do anything! It appeared to work for me though and I don't think it would do any harm to try it.

fuzzywuzzy Sat 19-Nov-16 20:29:43

Has the doctor done a blood test for pregnancy?

Out of interest which hormone was elevated?

I have read of women being pregnant and it not showing up in hpt's for ages. Could it be a possibility?

Alicejj8x Sun 20-Nov-16 11:15:46

It could defiantly be a possibility as we have been ttc .. do you think I should ask for a blood test for pregnancy?
They didn't tell me which hormone they just said one of them was higher but everything else was fine? :/ xxx

Alicejj8x Sun 20-Nov-16 11:40:08

& they made it very clear it wasn't anything at all to worry about but to keep taking pregnancy test each month :/ xx

fuzzywuzzy Sun 20-Nov-16 11:47:11

Before accepting any kind of medication to start a period I'd ask for a blood test for pregnancy to put your mind at rest, or a scan to make sure.

flumpybear Sun 20-Nov-16 12:03:50

Agnus castus - I used it and it worked for me. It's an ancient remedy - I hold some faith in these types of natural approach (and I'm in medical research so no usually a fan). I also used high dose evening primrose oil til ovulation

BertieBotts Sun 20-Nov-16 12:08:17

Get a Beta HCG blood test done before you take anything. And ask to be checked in case anything is weird following your MC.

Are you doing any fertility checking like temping, ovulation kits etc?

Alicejj8x Sun 20-Nov-16 15:31:13

Yes I will
Defo ask for a blood test when the doctor calls me tmo...
I haven't been doing any fertility : ovulation tests as I haven't had a period I didn't think about doing them.. maybe I should buy some...
Yes with my mc i had the tablet to make it all come away and in my last scan they said remaining products were left but that they would come away with my period and I didn't need another test- I bleed for about 6 -7 weeks if not more after the mc and then have had one period since that but that took 4 months to come.. do you think anything could be still left,?

BertieBotts Sun 20-Nov-16 21:59:06

I'm not at all a medical person but I would have thought, 6 months later, if anything was left you'd be very ill by now. So it seems unlikely (apparently I didn't read your earlier posts for the info as to when!)

Alicejj8x Mon 21-Nov-16 06:24:03

That's true I do always worry after the mc if something else was left but even after googling it all & briefly speaking g to doctors they said if anything was to have been left it would of been naturally absorbed & would of come away with my next period.. & that if anything was left I wouldn't of stopped bleeding but I still can't help but think about what if something was left but like you say I prob would be ill by now... hmm it's all confusing our bodies isn't it...
when the doctor calls today I'll be sure to ask for a blood test and keep you posted. Thankyou so much for your advice and information x

Alicejj8x Mon 21-Nov-16 12:46:46

Just spoke with doctor... he told me that they don't usually investigate missed periods till 6 months.. he said he could put forward for me to have a scan but they prob would say no as it only been 2 months really since I had a period ...
so we're see - I guess if anything was up it would of shown in my bloods? / When I had my scans from my mc?

fuzzywuzzy Mon 21-Nov-16 12:55:05

I'm not a medic, but I'm thinking if this is a new pregnancy it should show up in a scan. So hopefully the scan should answer some questions.

After my MMC I had a very odd period, suddenly had a full on bleed in the middle of a coffee shop whilst at work (utterly mortified). But after that my cycles went back it normalish.

Hope your scan answers some questions for you.

Alicejj8x Mon 21-Nov-16 13:22:34

He isn't putting me forward for a scan now because he said he doesn't think they will do one as it hasn't been 6 months without period :/!
I guess I have to now sit tight and wait for AF to show??!!

Ohh no did you!! Since my Mmc I did have a normal period in September but it took from June- September for me to get a period after the MMC .. so maybe my cycles are 4 months? Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now