Talk

Advanced search

40th birthday !

(5 Posts)
curr78 Tue 15-Nov-16 07:39:08

I have purchased a birthday present for a very good friend of mine he is a complete sweetheart who I and my husband love dearly,but my eldest daughter( who also cares deeply ) thinks it's a rubbish present and now I am worried.
This friend in question is the type of man that has a nice flat no children no partner buys what he needs etc through out the year although if somethings expensive he will wait for it to drop in price.
Saturday he told me He had been to a garden centre , and seen 3 decoration he wanted for his flat window but at 15 pound each he wasn't going to buy them and was hoping they were reduced in the Jan sales.
At this point I was struggling with getting him a gifted so I bought all three , his birthday is Dec 2nd ,
My daughter says its a strange birthday present , I been arguing that if he wants he should get after all birthdays are about what you want rather than need, I was going to buy a box of chocolates too ( he doesn't drink ).
I might add he doesn't mind joke gifts and one year bought me a box of chilli oils ( I like hot food ) these were in xxxx heats ,
Do you think I should scrap the idea .

Mirandawest Tue 15-Nov-16 07:41:59

I think it sounds a great present smile

BikeRunSki Tue 15-Nov-16 07:45:52

I think it's great. It's something he has pointed out he wants. Perfect.

knaffedoff Tue 15-Nov-16 07:46:18

Lovely idea, go with it x

curr78 Tue 15-Nov-16 20:13:18

Thanks , I Think maybe the generation thing might be why my daughter thinks its sounds strange smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now