Biscuits?

(6 Posts)
healthyobsessions Mon 05-Sep-16 11:12:15

What's the deal with the biscuit icon?! Am I missing something...?! I've seen people get really offended when other posters reply with an icon of a biscuit biscuit?! Confused confused

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Mon 05-Sep-16 11:16:41

Officially it means 'no comment' and harks back to the days of interviewing Gordon Brown when he wouldn't answer the searing political question about his favourite biscuit.

Overall it is used as an insult

healthyobsessions Mon 05-Sep-16 11:27:25

Ahh, I see!

YokoUhOh Mon 05-Sep-16 11:33:53

I wonder why Gordon Brown refused to answer the biscuit question. Did he envisage a year's supply of custard creams on his doorstep the next day? win Did he think the Fail would draw some conclusions about his inability to rule based on his fondness for a fig roll? (That one seems more likely).

Odd.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Mon 05-Sep-16 11:41:49

I would imagine that he thought it was a fairly stupid question to be asked! It's hardly Newsnight, is it? I wasn't a member of MN at the time but remember reading about it and people were saying what an inane question it was, I think it represented MN as a bit like the 'other place' rather than frequented by intelligent people!

YokoUhOh Mon 05-Sep-16 11:44:27

Oh I didn't realise it was an MN webchat! The other place would be struggling to place Gordon Brown in an identity parade, I would imagine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now