Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What time of the year is your birthday?

(13 Posts)
MamaBear98 Thu 04-Aug-16 21:27:29

I'm just curious to see what time of the year Mumsnetters have their birthdays.

Do you like when you have your birthday and if not what time of the year would you like to have it and why? smile

My birthday is on the 23rd of December and as Autumn/Winter are my favourite times of the year it's nice to have it then and to get to have the Christmas decorations up for it grin
But then at times it seems to be too much all at the one time of the year so long to have it somewhere nearer to the middle of the year. blush

I look forward to hearing what everyone's thoughts are! smile

toadgirl Thu 04-Aug-16 21:28:53

Summer baby.

Love it. Meant I could enjoy my birthdays as a kid as it was never a school day.

Weather SHOULD be better although this year it was rubbish.

OSETmum Thu 04-Aug-16 21:36:48

February, the worst time of year IMO. I never look forward to my birthday as I hate winter and, although we're OK for money now, in previous years we were always skint as DH's work would be quiet in December so January's pay would be lower which is no good just after Christmas!

MamaBear98 Thu 04-Aug-16 22:07:19

An Iinteresting mix of answers so far!

FellOutOfBed2wice Thu 04-Aug-16 22:16:01

First week of September, so I guess late summer, early autumn. Always liked it as I was the oldest in the year at school but as a former school child and current teacher it's a bit shit that you just miss the holidays and have to go to school!

elQuintoConyo Thu 04-Aug-16 22:22:42

Mid-spring.

I'm not willing to post the exact date hmm

I'm neither here nor there of liking/disliking the date. It does coincide terribly with Mother's Day where I live, so getting 2 gifts/2 cards is never going to happen, doesn't bother me.

Never had a party as a child so can't comment on outdoor games etc.

Nanasueathome Thu 04-Aug-16 22:26:11

January
I love it as all the sales are in full swing and I get a lot more for my money

MamaBear98 Fri 05-Aug-16 00:00:32

nanasueathome that's a good point-and since I'm December I often get good bargains with any birthday /Christmas vouchers/money I get grin

seahorse106 Fri 05-Aug-16 00:03:54

The beginning of January when everyone is partied out and broke!

Mumble29 Fri 05-Aug-16 00:04:20

July, so summer baby, love it as have mostly always spent it on holiday

moonmeat Fri 05-Aug-16 00:04:47

27 august, i used to hate my birthday when i was little as most people are on holiday for it, i like it now, just the right amount of time between my birthday and Christmas although it was rubbish when all my friends turned 18 and i couldn't go out with them but that's what fake ids are for

Linnet Fri 05-Aug-16 00:16:56

Beginning of January. Just after Christmas and New Year, when nobody has any money left, the weather is usually appalling and everybody just wants to hibernate and recover and look forward to spring.

DramaAlpaca Fri 05-Aug-16 00:32:13

Mine's in June, which is quite nice.

I wasn't quite so keen at school as I nearly always had exams on my birthday. Having to sit two A-level papers on my 18th birthday was a bit of a low point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now