Talk

Advanced search

name twin quandary

(5 Posts)
glitterwhip Tue 14-Jun-16 20:00:49

A little bit of sensible advice needed ..first time poster smile
For several months now I have been receiving emails from sky that are meant for a lady who is my name twin! We have exactly the same name and similar email address..these emails contain details about her account, financial stuff, her bills etc
I have raised the issue with sky several times to no avail and I'm wondering if I should reach out to this woman to see if maybe she can sort it out at her end? Perhaps change her email with sky or something because I'm sure she wouldn't want some stranger knowing her business...so should I contact her or am I making an issue out of nothing and just ignore it?

magratvonlipwig Fri 01-Jul-16 20:39:54

I think you should email her direct. Let her know her mail is going astray and that youve tried to sort it out! !!

BeenThereTooSEL Fri 01-Jul-16 20:41:13

Tell them it's a Data Protection breech. They'll listen then

NorbertDentressangle Fri 01-Jul-16 20:42:31

You've done what you can re: telling Sky so the next thing is to contact her direct (but don't be surprised if she gets arsey with you for no reason - people are strange and often "shoot the messenger" even though they've done nothing wrong!!)

AnnaMarlowe Fri 01-Jul-16 20:46:17

The thing is, she's probably getting stuff for you too...

Formally raise a complaint with Sky that they are breaching the Data Protection Act and if they don't resolve the complaint within a reasonable time period you will raise it with the Telecoms Ombudsman.

You'll find that the problem is magically resolved I should think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now