Talk

Advanced search

My daughter is afraid of Public Speaking

(4 Posts)
tonitaka27 Tue 31-May-16 10:09:19

My daughter is afraid of public speaking. She just found her dream job but she has to do weekly presentations in front of 10-15 people. Her problem isn't with preparation. She can prepare the perfect presentation and is very organised, always on time but she is afraid of delivering the presentation. How can I help her?

kittykat8545 Tue 31-May-16 13:17:46

I can recommend Daniel Kingsley from Presence Training. His workshop is a game changer, very different from the rest. It was a life changing exprience for me. He is an amazing teacher. I was so terrified of public speaking. I am not afraid of presentations anymore. smile

lljkk Tue 31-May-16 13:48:03

How can you help...
She can practice the talk in front of you so you can give feedback about volume, pace of delivery, simplicity of answers.

How long is each weekly presentation? Do any of the other 10-15 people have to do them on same day, so she's not the only one?

Focus on the material is a big help. Other folk are there because they want/need to hear that material. So the presentation isn't about her, it's about the material.

I hate public speaking & have to do it in my job, too. Sympathies!!

lljkk Tue 31-May-16 13:49:32

Those courses in previous link seem to cost £400 + a day off work (or more to get to London & back). There are several stages in the courses, too. Does OP have the spare dosh/time off?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now