Talk

Advanced search

anyone had any experience of Penzer?

(1 Post)
fairymuff Wed 27-Apr-16 18:54:31

Im trying to get a response from them but they refuse to return my phone calls, emails and messages via FB and eBay.

I bought two door knobs off them last summer - 2 weeks after buying them, one of them broke and shattered in my hand, locking my then 3 year old on the other side of the door in the kitchen. A neighbour had to help me force the door open with a crowbar. My daughter was very distressed and it cost me money to fix the splintered door. All I requested was a refund ( £34.99 each - I removed the other door knob too as I didn't want the same thing to happen again to the other door)

They initially responded but fobbed me off saying they needed to talk to the manufacturer. I chased them a week later but since then they have not returned any calls.

I have subsequently contacted the manufacturer who have had no luck with getting a response from them either. I don't think I can pursue them as my transaction was with Penzer.

I contacted them via eBay ( which was not where I had purchased the knobs ) to see if they would respond to a product request (ie. They wouldn't know my identity) and they did. When I emailed them back, they again have not responded.

What rights do I have to pursue getting my money back? Ok, so it's not a massive fortune I've lost but it's a decent amount and it's more the principle of the matter.

I know they're based in Carbis Bay nr St Ives.

Anyone got any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now