When Mumsnet has been rocklike

(11 Posts)
dilys4trevor Sun 28-Feb-16 21:05:48

I used to lurk and post occasionally on MN, and mostly thought it was a place to get into rows about baby led weaning and shit. Being someone to whom proper bad shit had never happened.

Then I had a horrible experience that involved horrendous betrayal and a death. And I released that Mumsnet is an amazing place where the advice and support is like no other place. The wisdom from some posters is incredible.

And I just wanted to appreciate it a bit.

My question is, has Mumsnet saved you? What happened?

Dozyoldtwonk Sun 28-Feb-16 21:10:21

Without posting a single thing (another long time reader lurker rather than poster), MN got me through the dark, dark weeks shyer having DD - when I thought I was the only new mum ever to have felt the way I did. Turns out it was totally normal. Hearing about other peoples similar experiences helped me so, so much.

Almost 9 months later, I wouldn't be without DD for all the tea in China.

Dozyoldtwonk Sun 28-Feb-16 21:10:37

Shyer - after !

andadietcoke Sun 28-Feb-16 21:13:15

MN got me through a mc, and crippling anxiety through my subsequent pregnancy. I have made friends in real life that I would consider to be my best friends in the whole world.

AtSea1979 Sun 28-Feb-16 21:14:54

Yes, was advised to LTB so I did and now I'm single and happy.

dilys4trevor Sun 28-Feb-16 21:16:32

Is LTB leave the bastard? I proper love and enjoy the acronyms on the threads too.

Lolimax Sun 28-Feb-16 21:18:44

Last January i was diagnosed with a neurological condition, spent a few weeks in hospital and months off work. I joined MN and although I lurked for a while before playing I felt I had company. Having you all there gave me a strength I didn't feel. So thank you!

twirlypoo Sun 28-Feb-16 21:32:22

It's not a big event like the things above, but when Ds was turning 2 we didn't have anyone to celebrate with - my family weren't talkig to me, no friends, I was struggling a lot and gutted that no one was going to wish him happy birthday but me when he was so excited. Everyone was incredible wishing him a happy birthday and telling me subsequent years would be different once he was at nursery. Some mumsnetters locally even offered to come and meet us. I felt so desperate and alone, and I ended up feeling like there was an invisible army rooting for me and Ds. Ahh you lot rock!

LineyReborn Sun 28-Feb-16 21:36:18

Well, MN literally saved my life - PE, A&E, etc.

But reading the Relationships advice saved me too in a way.

Rainbowlou1 Sun 28-Feb-16 21:36:52

I was on my own late at night when I found out my H was abroad and messaging another woman...I had nobody to turn to so came onto MN and the kindness of people on here was absolutely the only thing that got me through it.

sugar21 Sun 28-Feb-16 21:37:56

Yes I do feel I get support as dd died. There is always someone to chat to and everyone has been really nice.
I would say Thank you Mn for being a friend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now