Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Long shot: can anyone recommend a driving instructor for refresher lessons in/near Twickenham (insanely nervous driver)

(7 Posts)
Marzipants Fri 19-Feb-16 12:17:29

It's a long shot I know. I passed my test about 7 years ago but HATED driving. Had a bit of a wobble driving out of motorway services (not a near miss, just hadn't noticed the crap road markings at night and turned onto roundabout without slowing down as much as I should. Nearest car was about 30m away so not dangerous, just shook me up.) I was pregnant with IVF PFB at the time so that was my excuse to stop driving. That was over five years ago and I haven't driven since.

I'm 40 this year and need to start driving again like a proper grown up. If I was advising a friend I'd be all "get over it", but I just can't! Can anyone recommend a driving instructor (who isn't a massive knob, hi BSM) around Twickenham?

We've also recently bought a 7 seater, so I'm not sure how much help refresher lessons in a tiny car would be.

I know I am still looking for excuses not to do it, I need to toughen up! Sniffle

dilys4trevor Fri 19-Feb-16 13:51:17

I can recommend Chris Brown. He is local and will do the lessons in your own car. He is ace

Marzipants Fri 19-Feb-16 14:58:09

Thanks Dilys! Can you give me any more info? Google is only giving me tour information for the US rapper...

dilys4trevor Fri 19-Feb-16 17:54:44

marzi, that made me laugh.
When the kids are in bed I will send you his number. He isn't online and tends to work on recommendation.

dilys4trevor Fri 19-Feb-16 17:56:37

07828 574804

Had a spare moment during tea time!

I passed first time. I was nervy and hesitant and he waited until I felt right to put in for the test. Great thing about him is that he always finds the time for extra lessons

Marzipants Sat 20-Feb-16 18:36:22

Thanks!

ramblor Thu 27-Oct-16 17:38:45

Hi, I hope you don't mind but I was wondering if you had any joy with your driving lessons as I'm in the same position. I haven't driven in years (the thought of it makes me break out in a rash!) but I really need to be brave and start again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now