Talk

Advanced search

anybody else?

(13 Posts)
Avpixie27 Sun 14-Feb-16 22:35:49

Ive been a mum for 10 months but ive been friendless for most of my life. I have had friends but none that actually stick around. I am looking to join a mum and baby group but was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same or wants to talk. Ive been on mums net for a while now and almost every post of mine has no comments at all so hopefully someone talks to me

purplepandas Sun 14-Feb-16 22:38:30

I will talk to you. My DC are older (4 and6) but I don't have any true good friends either. Have managed to arrange some may ups for half term which is lovely. Not true friends though in the way I have had before.

purplepandas Sun 14-Feb-16 22:39:26

Meet ups. Stupid autocorrect.

Avpixie27 Sun 14-Feb-16 22:49:33

I have tried to arrange meet ups on here in the past but no one ever posted back. I have been on here for a while and it would be nice to have someone to talk to on a regular basis as it gets lonely being home all day

purplepandas Tue 16-Feb-16 19:53:46

Sorry I missed your reply Avpixie27. Where are you roughly? You might find some MNers local to you. It can be lonely as you say.

Avpixie27 Tue 16-Feb-16 21:06:19

In newport south wales. No one seems to live near

purplepandas Tue 16-Feb-16 21:21:52

Ah, not close enough although I am not too far away. Just the other wide of the bridge. Bumping in case anyone reading is in Newport.

I am not sure if I am allowed to say this but you have tried the 'meet a mum' or whatever it is called on Netmums. I found this useful when mine were small even though I migrated here!

Avpixie27 Tue 16-Feb-16 21:31:19

Ive never heard of that

purplepandas Tue 16-Feb-16 21:42:11

Have a look. I found a friend when DD was tiny and she is 6 now. We are still friends. Hit and miss. MN has local boards too but ours is beyond slow sadly. Yours might not be. Worth a shot.

Avpixie27 Tue 16-Feb-16 21:51:07

Where can i find it?

purplepandas Tue 16-Feb-16 21:52:58

See here for the local site and then look at meet a mum. I would try the local MN board too. Mine was super quiet sadly. I am a MNer at heart always!

HeffalumpHistory Thu 25-Feb-16 22:09:22

Hi OP, hope you have managed to find some local mums/groups?
I'm new to MN but in quite a similar situation to you, I have a 4yr old & 7mnth old but moved 300miles from friends & family when I was pregnant with dc1.
Not local to you unfortunately but wanted to say you're not alone.
Happy to chat if you ever need.

Avpixie27 Thu 25-Feb-16 23:14:57

Ive asked to join a local mum and toddler group which hopefully starts next week. But still in the lonely category. Sometimes you just want someone to chat to if that makes sense

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now