Talk

Advanced search

What Part Of England Should I Live In?

(1 Post)
MamaBear98 Wed 03-Feb-16 14:59:29

Hi there,

I currently live in the Republic Of Ireland but my dream is to live in England, preferably as soon I finish school in 2 1/2 years, but if not once I've graduated from college (at the moment the college fees in England are too expensive for me and my parents don't want me getting a loan so going to college in England seems very unlikely).

However, I can't decide exactly what part I want to live in. My preference would be the north or midlands of England, and I don't want to live anywhere near the seaside, anywhere too rural or in a big city-ideally somewhere mid-sized.

At the moment, I am hoping to do either primary teaching, secondary teaching (most likely biology and chemistry), children's nursing or something involving science, so would want a region that has good job prospects in these sectors that also have fair working conditions.

I would like to have a husband and kids at some stage so would want somewhere with good schools and family-friendly surroundings.

So if any of you Mumsnetters out there could offer me some advice I would be extremely grateful as I want to plan my future as much as I can before I would be making college/ work choices which would have a strong influence on where I want to live in future.

Thanks in advance! smile

(Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section-feel free to move it or tell me how to move it if it's in wrong place! blush)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now