mother in law from hell!

(5 Posts)
Moobear14 Tue 02-Feb-16 12:25:46

Anyone else have a mother in law they detest?!

I absolutely dread speaking or visiting her!

I've had 2 previous longterm partners and I've always been best buds with the mother in law - I try to get on with her but I just can't!!

She tells so many lies and makes up so many stories! She's really condescending and hypocritical and generally just frustrates me.

Although I love my partner I do fantasise about breaking up with him just so I won't have to see her anymore!

Does anyone else feel like this?! Or am I a complete cow grin

Quoteunquote Tue 02-Feb-16 22:38:48

25 years in mine has gone from nightmare to lovely, just hang in there they take a while to train.

Euripidesralph Tue 02-Feb-16 22:43:02

Can't bear my mother in law

Stopped engaging when she showed herself to be overbearing arrogant and apparently entitled to my whole life

Cut her out when she became vicious in appropriate and toxic around my children

She's currently over milking some initially genuine health issues dh supported her with to play the old lady bollocks to gain access to my kids to try to verbally destroy them as she cackles

Never happening

Yeeeaaahhh not just you .... don't like my mil either lol

calzone Tue 02-Feb-16 22:46:00

I have managed to avoid my mil for about 10 years.

I absolutely refuse to engage with her.

DH is welcome to take the joys to see her but he doesn't.

She is utterly vile.

Moobear14 Wed 03-Feb-16 07:58:33

So glad I'm not alone wink

For example she was meant to visit one morning so I got up washed and dressed early and got my newborn washed, fed and changed waited in all day- tried contacting and no response I was so tired but couldn't nap in case she showed up, she never did. So I sent her a very shirty message and she phoned me straight back crying saying she had turned up but I didn't answer... angry

She is also so tight with money asking her daughter to give her back the money she owes her at Christmas (even taking it from her Christmas money from relatives)

I just can't believe people like this exist!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now