Talk

Advanced search

Funny things your toddler mispronounces

(14 Posts)
CinnamonBunYou Fri 15-Jan-16 15:33:41

DD has just turned two. We call her private parts a 'tuppy' which she mis-pronounces as 'pussy'.

Took her to the toilet in the doctors and she asked 'what's that' pointing at my privates so I said 'mummy's tuppy'. We got back into the waiting room where she announces v loudly 'I like mummy's pussy!'

I was so embarrassed and tried to correct her only to make it still sound as weird. My face was like blush for the rest of the wait! I laughed about it once I got home though.

Anyone else got any funny ones?

TheHouseOnTheLane Sat 16-Jan-16 09:28:27

Just call it a vagina or vulva depending on which bit you're referencing. All these Tuppys and Pennies and "bits" and Moo Moos get confusing when they go to school.

mommathatwearspink Sat 16-Jan-16 09:32:32

DD (21 months) pronounces blueberries as 'boobies' smile

LouisaJF Sat 16-Jan-16 09:38:10

3 year old DS is into Fireman Sam and one of the fire engines is called Venus. Unfortunately DS pronounces D's as P's...😐

Shesinfashion Sat 16-Jan-16 09:41:59

My youngest used to call the tv show "Zack and Quack" as sack and crack.

Rinceoir Sat 16-Jan-16 09:48:12

My DDs first word was bye. Which unfortunately for months was pronounced as die.

bimandbam Sat 16-Jan-16 09:53:01

I have no idea what he thinks he is saying but 2.1 ds keeps saying fuck. It's not book or duck apparently. I am hoping we get to the bottom of it soon though!

Pigeonpost Sat 16-Jan-16 09:54:20

A tuppy? Ffs.

We have the same Fireman Sam Venus/Penis issue here.

Shakey15000 Sat 16-Jan-16 09:55:19

He's 8 now but DS used to pronounce the Community Chest card in Monopoly as "Commune- titty" grin

agree with not calling private parts as anything other than what they're actually called btw

JustABigBearAlan Sat 16-Jan-16 09:57:38

Stick and stickman - he loves both but st is pronounced d grin

Shesinfashion Sat 16-Jan-16 10:42:31

My eldest named her vagina a "front bottom" so that's what we use.

CinnamonBunYou Sat 16-Jan-16 11:48:12

I asked what funny words your DC's mispronounce, I didn't ask for advice on what I should call her privates. Didn't realise it was such a crime to call it a tuppy, sorry! Next time she asks what something is, I shall consult Mumsnet to ask what I should tell her instead of deciding myself.

Haha Shesinfashion sack and crack made me chuckle!

PaleBlueDottie Sat 16-Jan-16 11:58:13

DO has come out with some belters over the years.

Blackcurrant was pronounced as 'Black Cunt'

Hoover was pronounced as Woore

Often when I was hoovering she would say 'mummy whore'

One morning the dc were playing and dd asked for sticks, I said there are no sticks. DD ran off asking her brothers to help her find the 'are no sticks'

Dd also has problems pronouncing f sounds. They all come out as s sounds.
So she asked her teacher to find the slag, of course she meant flag grin

Cheesymonster Sat 16-Jan-16 12:05:20

DD can't make the "tr" sound. Traffic is fuck it. Truck is fuck. So, if there's a truck in the traffic jam we're sitting in...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now