Talk

Advanced search

Need an excuse to get my OH to take a day off work so I can take him on a surprise holiday....any ideas?!

(6 Posts)
cambridgemum2 Sat 02-Jan-16 20:38:34

I have booked a long weekend away to surprise my OH. I booked the flights and arranged for the kids to go to my mums a couple of months ago thinking I would just ask his boss if he could have the day off without him knowing....but he has changed job and I don't know his new boss!

I know he has plenty of holiday days left so having the day off will not be a problem but can't think of a good excuse to get him to take the day off without ruining the surprise and telling him we are going away....any ideas?! TIA

iwantgin Sun 03-Jan-16 17:46:01

Say you fancy a trip out to a shopping centre for some gift buying ? Childfree lunch ?

ClaraLane Sun 03-Jan-16 17:47:44

Can you not just tell him you've got a surprise planned that day so he needs it off? That's what I've done with my OH, I don't tell him what we're doing, just that he needs to take annual leave.

Trills Sun 03-Jan-16 17:51:19

I agree with Clara that it will be a good enough surprise to say "You need to take a day off, I have planed something" - he'll still have a surprise over WHAT it is.

senua Sun 03-Jan-16 17:55:35

Why does it have to be a surprise?confused

DoreenLethal Sun 03-Jan-16 17:55:39

When you say he has changed jobs; in a new role you often can't take it until you accrue it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now