Talk

Advanced search

Bit of advice

(5 Posts)
surprisearrival Tue 24-Nov-15 22:15:09

My dd has just started school, and child in her class is constantly awful. Puts fingers in pants and asks my dd to them smell fingers, swears, hits and intimidates my dd. I don't want to be "that mum" and keep complaining to school...but how do I stop this behaviour? I tell dd to stay away from them, which she does and says "you upset me, I don't want to sit with you". The child's mother has yelled at me in playground as my dd is apparently being mean saying she doesn't want to be with her dc

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Tue 24-Nov-15 22:22:04

Email every complaint to the school. You have a log. Include mom incident.
Tell them whats happening, and what you want to happen. DD in different groups, kept away, incidents reported to you.
FWIW ... It will not get better ... unless you have a brilliant school who step up and deal with it. Consider a change of class/school.

surprisearrival Tue 24-Nov-15 22:40:19

Our school is awesome, no school in our area I would want to send her to, or be able to get to,I don't drive and nearest other schools are a half hour drive away. Will take your advice and ask them to be in different groups all the time, the child in question is low ability group and dd is top of high ability so may have the chance to move into y1 split class, but then she leaves her friends which I'm concerned about. Thank you for the emailing advice, I didn't think about that but it makes sense!

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Wed 25-Nov-15 07:34:04

Schools have to take notice of emails rather than a chat.
Follow up any meeting .. re today .. we agreed ...
What worries me is the mom... her daughters roll model.

strawberryandaflake Wed 25-Nov-15 07:49:54

Bear in mind that the child may have some kind of developmental problem. They may grow out of it. Ask the teachers to review their seating plans and seat your little one away from the offending article. Changing schools would be drastic and probably have a negative effect on your child. Definitely mention the issue with the other mother, although you don't know exactly what her darling child has told her. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now