Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help with discontinued / lost comforter

(18 Posts)
WalshyLou Tue 03-Nov-15 08:52:00

All,
Any help would be appreciated. 2 yr old has lost her only comforter toy. It was lost in Richmond last Thursday but I have exhausted all possibilities there in trying to locate it.
It was a next soft grey rabbit, given in 2013 and I have tried everywhere to get a replacement. Next can't give me the name of the rabbit, or code, and won't give me access to old catalogues. I've tried the usual ebay, local sites - there doesn't seem to be a single place out there where I can even obtain the same teddy. I'm desperate at this stage. Sounds so stupid, but I just want to try and find a replica of the one she lost. The only bunnies Next make now have patterned ears etc - she knows it isn't 'her rabbit!'.
She won't take to any others no matter how similar. Is there any other sites I could try / any suggestions?

DamnCommandments Tue 03-Nov-15 08:56:38

Is it this one? I know that's Polish, but it looks like it's actually in the UK.

m.ebay.pl/itm/BNWT-NEXT-BABY-MY-BEST-FRIEND-GREY-BUNNY-RABBIT-SOFT-TOY-MADE-WITH-LOVE-BY-NEXT-/311458624424?nav=SEARCH

ohidoliketobe Tue 03-Nov-15 09:00:33

Have you tried ringing round the next clearance stores? It's where all the sale stock goes when the main stores sale ends and they get the new season stock. I used to work in one and we had tonnes of old directories for queries like this. Google search next clearance and get calling. We used to offer to post items out if the customers sent us gift vouchers to the value of the item plus postage but I think was goodwill rather than policy

99percentchocolate Tue 03-Nov-15 09:05:02

Is this him op?
bunny

99percentchocolate Tue 03-Nov-15 09:06:49

Or this?
bunny 2

WalshyLou Tue 03-Nov-15 12:09:55

Thank you for the polish link! This isn't the rabbit.. I had spotted it before. He has white inside ears and the fluff is different! Thanks for trying...

WalshyLou Tue 03-Nov-15 12:12:34

And alas its not Bunny 1 or Bunny 2.. again these have the white ears and different fur texture... All these came up when I spent so so so many hours trying to source over the weekend! Thank you for trying... I'll try the next Clearance stores but doubt it as head office said it would have been sold in the clearance back in 2013 given it is now discontinued. I really appreciate the help.. but the search goes on smile!!

WalshyLou Tue 03-Nov-15 12:31:38

Just also spoke to the next clearance store in Farnborough. They don't have it, can't identify it but said they will call if anything similar comes in. Helpful but still not the bunny I need!!! aRRRRGH!! Thanks again for the heads up to call them.

bigsnugglebunny Tue 03-Nov-15 12:35:50

Was the fur always different? My son has a duck that was really fluffy like those bunnies but went a bit shaggy and like tbe bunny fur in your pictures with cuddling and being taken everywhere.

SoupDragon Tue 03-Nov-15 12:37:10

How different are those ones on EBay?

MNers have, in the past, been very good at fabricating back stories for the return of much loved toy complete with photographic evidence.

You will never get one with the right fluff because yours has been hugged for 2 years. Even an exact copy will be wrong.

SoupDragon Tue 03-Nov-15 12:37:53

Putting a fluffy one through a wash with denim may scruff it up and change the colour of the ears.

BathshebaDarkstone Tue 03-Nov-15 12:38:06

Oh DS lost Bear on a bus last year, he cried for 2 hours then fell asleep. We had another one so they could be washed, and I was very lucky as Mothercare still made them. He lost the new one in the street a week later. Off to get Bear number 4. I've spent £40 on bears in 4 years! I feel your pain. Have you looked on Ebay? flowers

ThirtyFivePounds Tue 03-Nov-15 12:40:01

Have you tried Lostbox OP?

Stellar67 Tue 03-Nov-15 12:48:06

Have you posted the picture you have on whiteboomerang.com/lostteddy/
maybe someone has seen rabbit.

Not good that Next are not being understanding.

BathshebaDarkstone Tue 03-Nov-15 12:53:27

Oh DS lost Bear on a bus last year, he cried for 2 hours then fell asleep. We had another one so they could be washed, and I was very lucky as Mothercare still made them. He lost the new one in the street a week later. Off to get Bear number 4. I've spent £40 on bears in 4 years! I feel your pain. Have you looked on Ebay? flowers

BathshebaDarkstone Tue 03-Nov-15 12:54:37

Sorry it didn't look like it had posted. blush

Stellar67 Tue 03-Nov-15 13:00:30

They have similar on below link. I know it's not the same.
My eldest has a special toy. I get so nervous when it "requests" to come in the car.

www.thewhitecompany.com/lwc-bunnies/

WalshyLou Tue 03-Nov-15 14:13:44

Ladies, thank you... as you say the fur won't be as soft...! I think I will try and get the nearest substitute and concoct a story as you suggest. She has been very dismissive thus far so It may be time to just invent a new story to fit a similar bunny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now