Talk

Advanced search

Children who participate in Modelling, Musical Theatre and Film!

(5 Posts)
Superproudmum09 Sat 10-Oct-15 18:49:54

Hello, I am new to this site and last night I awoke a few 'Zombie' posts and upset a few people over that. Anyway, I wanted to write a new post which is exclusively for parents of children who are at stage schools, agencies, dance academies and model agencies. This is not for parents to give their opinions on whether it is right or wrong for children to work!!!

I thought it would be interesting to share experiences on castings, jobs, exams etc...

My daughter is a very good ballet dancer and gymnast and attends a Stage school. She dreams of becoming 'Matilda' in the West End one day. This has been her dream since she was 4. One of her friends from Stage school was Matilda for 6 months between September 2014-March 2015 and my little girl would love to follow in her foot steps. She has a real talent for gymnastic and ballet and we're excited to see her progress.

She's signed up with Kids London a few months ago and has since had great work which she really enjoys. We've only had positive experiences so far.

Are there any like-minded mums with kids who can share any similar experiences. Does anybody else have a child who has already developed a passion for dance or drama from an early age like mine? This is all relatively new to me as I was never a dancer or a gymnast. I was never into acting or modelling. However My husbands mother was a professional ballerina in the US and was in Swan Lake for several years, therefore it does run in the blood.

Would love to hear your stories- without the negativity from some please!

giraffesCantDoThat Sat 10-Oct-15 21:38:49

Wow that's so cool

PorcupineNecktie Thu 22-Oct-15 20:38:22

Sorry for gatecrashing your thread, I don't have theatre/musical DCs, but just wanted to wish your DD luck! Matilda's a great role, I hope she gets to do it!

<Desperately missing my theatre days...>

Katymac Fri 23-Oct-15 09:45:07

DD is studying MT

BreeVDKamp Fri 23-Oct-15 09:47:22

Aw that's awesome, I sent DS' pics to Kids London last week but didn't hear back. Boo!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: