Talk

Advanced search

Expecting PFB- is he definitely a boy?

(15 Posts)
ExpectantUmm Tue 01-Sep-15 15:05:18

Hi i know this is a pretty sill question, but i'm expecting my PFB, so i cant help myself grin.

I went for a private gender scan last weekend, my guestimation was that i was 17 + 5 on the day (i've not actually had my dating confirmed by the midwives as every time they've gone to do the dating scan baby has been standing on its head hmm) ANYWAY, she told me it was a boy within seconds however i've been doing some googling & if i'm less prego than i expected the bits look very similar.

I've attached a few pictures that she burnt onto a CD for me, i was just wondering if anyone thinks this looks 100% like i penis. I've already bought 37 blue baby grows so i'm kind of screwed if he comes out a girl HAblush.

I do have my "20 week" scan on the 8th, but im too impatient. Thanks guys smile

BertieBotts Tue 01-Sep-15 15:08:24

Does look like boy bits to me, but I'm not an expert!

Purplerain067 Tue 01-Sep-15 15:08:33

Looks very boyish to me!

Every1KnowsJeffHesUsuallyACunt Tue 01-Sep-15 15:11:19

Definitely (not an expert though)

My daughters looked like 3 distinctive lines.

ExpectantUmm Tue 01-Sep-15 15:27:31

grin Thanks guys!! I'm not going to lie im really excited at the thought of a boy, out of the 100+ members of my extended family (going back to my great-grandma) there's 14 boys, so it was a real surprise!!!

FadedRed Tue 01-Sep-15 15:31:18

Op, congratulations on your pregnancy. Do you realise your name is on the scan pictures?

ExpectantUmm Tue 01-Sep-15 16:02:43

FadedRed, thank you! i noticed once i posted, but i'm too heavy to kidnap at the moment so i'm not too worried grin, i'll probably delete post now i have some reassurance, if that's even possible?

CatsAndCocktails Tue 01-Sep-15 16:28:16

From my experience you will be asked to go back for another scan if they cannot tell the sex for certain. So if you have been told a boy at a private scan when that was the whole reason for going (rather than them checking as well as doing something else like nuctal measurements etc), I would be very confident that is what you are having.

BikeRunSki Tue 01-Sep-15 16:35:18

DD was "almost certainly" a boy at her 20 week anomaly scan.
She wasn't.

BikeRunSki Tue 01-Sep-15 16:35:57

37 is an awful lot of baby grows!

ExpectantUmm Tue 01-Sep-15 17:44:17

Ohh gosh BikeRunSki, that would be just my luck envy - i'm sure you wouldnt change your DD for the world though

I know my mum was very shocked when i showed her my loot, but Daddy is convinced we need more blush

BikeRunSki Tue 01-Sep-15 20:32:11

I have one of each Expectant. We actually had an additional private gender scan with dd to be certain, because ds was campaigning so hard for a brother. So we knew dd was going to be a girl from about 22 weeks.

Electrolux2 Tue 01-Sep-15 20:35:35

I definitely had a boy too.

She is very much a girl

Witchend Fri 04-Sep-15 14:29:39

Apparently the cord can easily be mistaken for a penis. I believe that they actually look for the two testes because they are a clearer sign*

If you're only planning on washing once a week 37 is probably okay. That's only just over 5 a day. I think I did have days where I went through as many as 3 or 4 grin.
If you're only going through 1 a day usually then you've got enough for a month

*Not a medic, just what someone told me

HaydeeofMonteCristo Tue 22-Sep-15 23:29:18

Apparently my ds gave them a full frontal in the scan, and there was no doubt whatsoever.

The sonographer and assistant we falling about laughing, but I couldn't see anything but blobs. I never can tell anything from those scans.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now