Noisy neighbours

(13 Posts)
pissedoff3 Sun 16-Aug-15 02:51:01

I didn't know where to post this nor do I expect anyone to reply at this time in the morning but I have to rant! I heard some music earlier on at about 10pm and realised that the house about 5 doors down was having a party. It was loud but as it was only 10 I got on with my evening. Later at about 12 I was settling down for bed and could still hear the music SO loudly from my room, I could (and still can) hear every word of the song playing. It got to 1:30 and I decided enough was enough, the music had not been turned down at all despite law saying it has to by 11 so I put on my flip flops and went round. There was a man in the front garden (presumably the dad acting as a bouncer) so I politely asked him if the music could be turned down as it was 1:30am and even though I'm 5 doors down I can hear it very loudly. He shrugged and was obviously drunk as hell so I left it and went home. It's now ten to 3 and the music is still loud as ever (I'm pretty sure they've put the speakers in the garden) and there's no sign of it stopping soon. I have no idea what to do.

Redglitter Sun 16-Aug-15 02:52:22

Phone the police and report it.

Superworm Sun 16-Aug-15 02:54:36

Are they often having parties and making loads of noise?

BitOutOfPractice Sun 16-Aug-15 02:54:54

Yes, phone the police.

pissedoff3 Sun 16-Aug-15 02:55:00

I was thinking about that but I don't know whether they'd bother coming or if it would just be ignored

pissedoff3 Sun 16-Aug-15 02:56:02

They've had parties before but they've never been noisy enough for me to actually be angry

BitOutOfPractice Sun 16-Aug-15 02:56:26

What have you got to lose giving it a go then?

And why does it matter if they do it often? They're doing it now

Redglitter Sun 16-Aug-15 02:56:46

No they'll come out ��

FortyCoats Sun 16-Aug-15 03:14:09

Call the police

Superworm Sun 16-Aug-15 03:40:30

Our neighbours have the odd late, loud party and while I'm never thrilled about it, I wouldn't call the police.

pissedoff3 Sun 16-Aug-15 04:07:44

We decided not to call the police but finally after it reached 4am and the music was still going strong, my son & his girlfriend (who are around the same age as the host of the party) went round and kindly told them to 'turn the f*cking music down', and they did!!! Cannot believe they think that this is an acceptable time for a party to go on til on a residential street but hopefully they won't have another one for a while!

pissedoff3 Sun 16-Aug-15 04:11:57

Also superworm I get that late, loud parties are just something you have to put up with sometimes but my limit is 1-2am. 4am is just ridiculous

Redglitter Sun 16-Aug-15 04:52:55

You did well putting up with it as long as that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now