Talk

Advanced search

My mobile keeps being called by strange men asking for prostitutes.

(8 Posts)
Gruntbaby Tue 07-Jul-15 20:49:22

Call 1.

Strange northern man: "Hi, do you have a 15 minute session today?"
Me: "Er, sorry, think you've got the wrong number."
Him: "Sorry."
(Me - what kind of job has 15 minute sessions? No, it can't be? Think desperately of something else. Nope.)

Call 2.

Strange northern man: "Hi, er, are you working tonight?"
Me (confused): "Erm kind of."
Strange northern man: "Well are you available?"
Me: "Well, what kind of work do you mean?"
Strange northern man: "adult work."
Me: "Sorry, you've definitely got the wrong number."
Him: "Oooh bugger."
Me: "Nope, don't do that either."

Call 3.
Strange northern man: "Hi?" (Sounds confused. I probably don't sound like he expects.)
Me: Hello?
Him: "Are you working?"
Me: "What type of work?"
Him: "You know."
Me: "Where?"
Him: Some northern place I can't remember as I was distracted by screaming child.
Me: "Wrong number."
Him: "Sorry."

These calls have taken place over the last 3-4 weeks. Due to the fact there's generally a crying child present I have not yet remembered to ask where they are finding my number.

What can one do to stop this? I googled it but haven't heard of a similar problem, I also googled my number to see if it was on a site accidentally somewhere, but unless it's on the dark web, I can't see it. I haven't fallen out with someone who might do this for some reason.

I'm started to get annoyed (I always pick up the phone as I have an unwell child so don't want to miss calls from hospital/school etc), and am worried about my children picking up my phone and talking to these men.

ThoseAwfulCurtains Tue 07-Jul-15 20:51:34

Have you annoyed someone? Maybe someone's posted your number somewhere deliberately?

Fatstacks Tue 07-Jul-15 20:53:01

Google your number

Gruntbaby Tue 07-Jul-15 20:55:30

As I said, I have googled my number and it's not coming up anywhere, so unless it's on the dark net then I have no idea how they're getting it.

UpTownFuck Tue 07-Jul-15 20:56:12

Nothing to add OP but do people not read through she has googled her number and nothing came up confused
Hope it gets resolved soon!

Fatstacks Tue 07-Jul-15 20:58:31

I didn't read it properly, I thought you wrote you had googled people calling blush

ThoseAwfulCurtains Tue 07-Jul-15 20:58:43

It may not be on the net. Are there still postcards in phoneboxes or similar?

PerspicaciaTick Tue 07-Jul-15 21:01:05

I should imagine the callers are transposing two numbers, or a newspaper ad has appeared transposing the numbers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now