Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Bury St Edmunds

(4 Posts)
emmakc1977 Tue 07-Jul-15 14:08:41

Hi everyone, I was hoping to find some inside info on BSE and surrounding villages. We are thinking of moving to BSE. We went down at the weekend and had a good look around and just fell in love with the place. We went out to a village called Thurston which looked beautiful. We have three children aged 12, 5 and 4 so need to be near good schools. When we chatted to some locals they said that kids usually play outside which is amazing as we are from Greater London and wouldn't dare let our kids play outside like we did when we were children!

If you can recommend any good places that would be great. I've heard about the estate Moreton Hall but although I've not been there I'm not really one for big housing estates (I've heard its lovely though).

Do you think Thurston is a good place? We need to have a local shop and a train station so that kids can get around when they are teenagers. Thanks any advice gratefully received.

Jellytussle Tue 07-Jul-15 15:50:27

I've not lived in Bury, but have been there quite a lot, and it seems to have a lot going for it. It's picturesque, and for a relatively small and remote place it has quite a lot going on, especially if music is your thing or your kids' thing.

Nicnak80 Sun 06-Nov-16 20:04:41

Did you end up moving to BSE? We live in London and are looking for a similar move. Keen to hear how others have got on

DollopofTrollop Sun 06-Nov-16 20:09:02

We are on BSE I moved fr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now