Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone else a new parent and trying to study (at degree level or similar)?

(3 Posts)
ktab Sat 17-Jan-15 22:44:41

I didn't think I would struggle this much but I am finding it so difficult. If it was practical and required less thought and less reading I'd be able to cope, but the mental strain is exhausting. I am so determined but I am really not doing as well as I'd like to!

Hazchem Sat 17-Jan-15 22:47:22

I'm on mat leave from study but tha tis pretty much how I feel. I've found I'm either a HD or a C student and the difference is time. Lots and lots of time, it;s doing the 6 or 7ths draft of an essay, it readign and then re reading se ttexts plus other texts and for me the real key is not doing a proper exam. I suck at them, I can't remember authors, even when I really work at it. I suck at exams. I also know I put to much pressure on myself.

ktab Sat 17-Jan-15 22:58:43

It's so frustrating isn't it. I started uni in 2007 and could do the work quite easily without much care or thought, then I left for a while and now I'm back to complete my degree and I feel like I shouldn't even be there! I literally feel like I have lost all ability to write a decent essay or even read and understand the course material properly! confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: