Talk

Advanced search

EE shops: are assistants on commission?

(3 Posts)
Blu Sat 03-Jan-15 14:27:42

I am in the process of swapping my phone as part of an upgrade after 2 years. I like the contract I am on, which is a discounted package called 'the full Monty' - with unlimited data and loads and loads of call minutes: also ore than I need. About £25pcm, of which I claim a lot back due to expenses from an organisation I work for.

The assistant is very keen for me to swap to a new contract which would be £10pcm cheaper and while it is not unlimited data offers about 4 times as much data as I use at present, on average.

I am reluctant to change in case I do need the extra data over the next couple of years (I tend to use the Hotspot a lot for my laptop) and would not get the old deal back.

he is sort of implying that I need to take out a new cheaper contract to get the phone upgrade.

I am wondering if this is because he will get the commission on the new contract, but not if I continue the old more expensive one?

Blu Sat 03-Jan-15 15:06:14

Should I go with the cheaper contract?

Redglitter Wed 07-Jan-15 18:32:58

I don't think they are. I took my phone in for repair and our was going to be away for 10 days so I decided to buy off my contact and get a new one and a new phone. If anything the guy tried to talk me out of it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now