Talk

Advanced search

What's the weirdest thing you've taken somewhere?

(9 Posts)
Fiftyplusmum Fri 02-Jan-15 22:59:10

Inspired by the plate on a night one thread, have you ever found yourself taking something weird with you?

I was once in a Wimpy Bar with my friend and her budgie in a cage. (We were teenagers, we were on the way back from the vets, it was her idea)

Also I once took half a plastic giraffe almost as tall as me, on the tube. No-one said anything or made eye contact, obviously.

Oh and on the animal theme, once went for lunch from work with a group of friends and friends of friends, one of them was a young man with a pet rat. He thought it was fine to bring it in the Chinese restaurant with us. So he did.

Fiftyplusmum Fri 02-Jan-15 22:59:37

*night out not night one

esiotrot2015 Fri 02-Jan-15 23:00:50

a blow up puppy to the pub - to give to a friend who wanted a real one

a real life hamster from kent to devon - our pet!

southeastastra Fri 02-Jan-15 23:02:52

i can only think of another tube story and that only involved a pot plant.

oddly i was reading an article on things people leave on the tube and there was a photo of a 5ft giraffe at lost property! you did remember to take it off again didn't you? otherwise it's still there, waiting for you...

esiotrot2015 Fri 02-Jan-15 23:04:06

i saw a 5ft giraffe in a toy shop today, £70 it was!! I checked

Fiftyplusmum Fri 02-Jan-15 23:05:21

southeastastra definitely brought it home - in fact it's still in the garden.... giraffe hoarder
Still, makes me feel better than someone else had one on the tube.

Fiftyplusmum Fri 02-Jan-15 23:07:06

A friend of a friend took a large new swing lid bin on the tube - to get it home. And a drunk put his empty can in it.

MrsPnut Fri 02-Jan-15 23:10:10

I have carried a toy snow leopard around on a night out after I found it in my handbag, but I have also found 2 Lego sharks, a couple of ninjas and a half sucked lolly in there as we'll.

Fiftyplusmum Fri 02-Jan-15 23:10:22

*that not than. Must type slower.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now