Advanced search

Passport-change of name and counter signature

(4 Posts)
Jellybean2011 Thu 01-Jan-15 23:07:15


There must be someone on mumsnet who can help me out. I need to change my passport to my married name so have filled in the relevant forms online and have printed off the declaration to sign and send back. On the form it says I need to send on 2 passport photos one that is countersigned. This isn't a problem but there is no form for the person who will be countersigning the photo to fill in with who they are, how they are qualified to sign or any contact details. Thought the passport office would need this information?

Has anyone changed their name and can let me know how this works??
Thank you x

dementedpixie Fri 02-Jan-15 17:20:13

I dont think you need the photo counter-signed for a name change after marriage

dementedpixie Fri 02-Jan-15 17:31:06

the passport guidance says this:

You need to send two identical photos –
don’t attach them to the form.

You must have one photo certified
if you are applying:

- for a first British passport (adult or child)
- to replace a lost, stolen or damaged passport (adult or child)
- to renew a child passport (if the child is aged 11 or under)
- to renew a passport (adult, or child aged 12 to 15 years) if you cannot be
recognised from the photograph in your current passport, or
- to extend a passport.

• For all other applications, you do not need
to have a photo certified unless your
appearance has significantly changed since
your current passport was issued.

Jellybean2011 Fri 02-Jan-15 19:42:09

Thank you, I did phone them up today to ask and they told me it's best to have one countersigned just in case but no extra forms need to be filled in xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: