Talk

Advanced search

Teething - could it be possible at 12 weeks??!

(7 Posts)
cantbelieveimonhere Mon 15-Dec-14 22:22:31

I couldn't find a thread on teething, so here goes.....

We have a 12 week daughter. For her first ten and a half weeks she slept for two three-hour blocks. However, fof the past ten days she has stayed up late (3am or so). For the past few doys she has been licking/chewing fists and today she has one red cheek (which is red and warm to touch).

She is only 12 weeks old today. Is it possible she is teething??!!

sleepyhead Mon 15-Dec-14 22:33:21

Ds1 cut his first tooth at 12 weeks. Ds2's first came through at 16 weeks after a couple of weeks of grumbling, so yes it's possible.

cantbelieveimonhere Mon 15-Dec-14 23:21:45

Also, baby hasn't eaten as much today. Is that normal for teething?

sleepyhead Tue 16-Dec-14 14:39:45

Anything's normal for teething (or babies wink).

Ds1 got horrible nappies & nappy rash, sleep was massively disrupted etc. Ds2 wasn't as bothered but got horribly drooly.

It's also the time of year for bugs & colds etc which can have similar symptoms.

CoolCat2014 Wed 17-Dec-14 09:30:48

Dd is 13 weeks and her two bottom teeth are nearly through. She's been teething for weeks.

ftmsoon Sun 21-Dec-14 16:35:25

DD had a corner come through at 12 weeks but it disappeared. A friend's DD has been 'teething' from about 10 weeks, at 7months she still doesn't have any.

cantbelieveimonhere Tue 23-Dec-14 17:05:03

Thanks folks. We're now onto bongela and my favourite new gadget -teething glove. Someone told me about a week ago and it's been a lifesaver!

www.gummeeglove.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now