Talk

Advanced search

Self Drive Vehicle Hire Limited - really REALLY shoddy service

(3 Posts)
AbsolutelyLivid Tue 18-Nov-14 11:40:53

Hi ladies and gents.

Am sharing this here as I want as many people as possible to know about these jokers.

www.selfdrivevehiclehire.co.uk took my booking (and my �284) 17 days ago and finally deigned to email me today telling me that they shan't be keeping my reservation - and didn't even mention my money. What is really galling is that I spoke to a muppet there yesterday who told me I would receive confirmation today.

When I called them up again today, not only did they tell me I would have to wait 2 more days for my refund but really couldn't see why I was quite so fuming. I didn't even get an apology.

Their dire service has left me with only 10 days to find a replacment van and I will probably have to pay through the nose for the pleasure.

I cannot advise strongly enough not to use this joke shop for vehicle hire.

sjbennett Fri 09-Jan-15 13:10:52

This happened to me and my husband today!! They emailed us on the day of van delivery with no information about refund, any contact numbers or a name (completely unprofessional). So we have been scrambling for the past two hours trying to find another van at the last minute. It has caused undue stress to my unwell parents who we are trying to move. When I have rung them they tell me I need to ring option 2 or 4 which surprise, surprise rings out. They could not transfer me or give me any information, just take a message..classic fobbing off maneuver. Worse service ever and I have no idea if we will get a refund sad
They are a massive sham, do not touch them with a barge pole!

frizzster Mon 02-Feb-15 16:05:40

Do not use this company. We tried to hire a vehicle and they did not have one available as other posts. They then used the card details we provided to commit fraud on our card for over £1000.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: