Talk

Advanced search

Toddler Playgroups

(6 Posts)
Lara Fri 11-Jan-02 12:32:39

Does aybody know any toddler groups in the Kent area- particularly Maidstone???

MotherofOne Fri 11-Jan-02 12:53:10

If you're in the South East (Surrey, Sussex, Kent mostly) and also Bath you could try
http://www.thegrapevine.co.uk It's the online version of the Parents listings paper which is delivered free in our area.

Dixie Fri 11-Jan-02 13:39:12

Lara, I recently moved to Kent & found it really difficult to get details of mum & toodler activities. (Kent County Councl was useless!).

However, I contacted the NCT website, they had a list of telephone numbers for local branches. From there I was put in touch with some wonderful wonderful mum's who have been a brilliant source of infomation! They have given me details of so many groups/activities, soft play area etc that My son & I now do things every day of the week!

I'm actually in Swanscombe (near Blue water shopping complex) but I recall seeing things listed over your way... Hope it helps, if you still have problems let me know & I'll ask my new sources of info next time we meet up......

Janus Fri 11-Jan-02 16:13:42

Just to say that I do a music class and Crechendo with my little one. Music is great, very relaxed, singing things like 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star' in a group together. Everyone I know who has done this say their children love it, mostly they all love rhymes and singing and just being with their own age group. Crechendo is good but a much bigger group. Really helps them gain confidence on their feet as part of it is climbing, crawling through tunnels, bouncing on trampolines, etc. We've been doing it for about 5 months or so and it is starting to get a little repetitive but will still go for a while. I keep meaning to try the various 1 o'clock clubs and wonder if anyone can just say what you do there?
Thanks.

jodee Fri 11-Jan-02 17:57:59

Have you tried your HV? She provided me with a long list of parent and toddler groups. Or look on the net at www.upmystreet.co.uk, which is a comprehensive guide to everything in your area.

Dixie Mon 14-Jan-02 12:14:15

Janus, I've been to a one o'clock club with friends and they have toys etc obviously (an outside area to run & play on bikes etc with a sand pit as well) Inside they are able to do Messy play (Painting & play-do) equipment & aprons etc are all provided. Then They have a break half way through with Juice & biscuit.

Lara, just to add...the places I've ben put in touch with are a sing-along group like what Janus mentions (it's in Meopham) hte 2nd half of the session lets them play with musical instruments as well. We also go swimmimg & are soon to try a gym-tots session for under 3's. The NCT group also meet up fortnightly where we play, do painting & sticking things etc.....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: