Talk

Advanced search

Baby Modelling Agencies - Who is Legit?!

(9 Posts)
Y0rkshirePudding Fri 11-Apr-14 15:05:45

Having been told by various family members, friends and total strangers that my 18mth old DS should be a baby model I decided to send his photos to a number of agencies just to give it a whirl. He's had a couple of "no's" but also several "yes's".

However, being of a suspicious nature who believes 'if its too good to be true it usually is' Im now worried about signing him up to any dodgy agencies who are just making money off the back of parents desperate to be told their child is the most beautiful by charging them rip-off fee's just to add them to their 'books'.

My son is absolutely gorgeous to me and that's all that matters, but if he can make a bit of money to put away for his future that would also be great. How do I tell if an agency is genuine? Im fully aware that some agencies charge a yearly/monthly fee for candidates to be on their books, and I know that work is not guaranteed as it obviously depends if an employer selects them for a casting or test shoot. But that's all I know.

My son has been accepted by:

Adoramodels (have sent me several emails and called me several times to arrange a 'test shoot'. Their persistence unnerves me and suggests they are going to ask for lots of money after the shoot for the photos as no costs have been laid out so far, just an insistence that he attends a test shoot at their studio)

Scallywags (£100 a year or £20 a month for him to be on their books)

Premier Tots (£100 for first year, then £75 for subsequent years)

Baby Models UK (£149 for 3 years or £75 for 1 year)

Does anyone else have their children on the books of these agencies and what has your success, or not, been so far? Are they trustworthy?

WorraLiberty Fri 11-Apr-14 15:12:06

Surely it's up to you and his Dad to make money to put away for his future?

Either way, you shouldn't be paying them anything to make money off your child.

You wouldn't pay an employment agency for the pleasure of being on their books would you?

As soon as the child gets put to work, they'll make their money then.

WorraLiberty Fri 11-Apr-14 15:15:42

From the Webutation site re Adoramodels...

Scam agency. Will send you to a 'test shoot' that they 'pay for' with New York City Studios photography group who hire out Lemon Studios, Beehive Mill in Manchester for the day. All seems fine until they hit you with a massive pressurised sales pitch at the end to buythephotos from anywhere between £699-£3000. I applied with already professional photographs (having worked part time as a model for 9 years and having been signed to agencies before) they told me that I was only able to use their photographs from that day to be represented on the website. (Total scam!)
It appears as though they accept anyone onto the agency, if you apply, you'll get a message back within half an hour about the test shoot!
Steer clear of this agency, it's a scam!

Y0rkshirePudding Wed 16-Apr-14 17:23:53

WorraLiberty "Surely it's up to you and his Dad to make money to put away for his future?"

Charming! We're in a recession, not all of us have 'spare' money just lying around burning holes in our pockets! His dad and I are only just putting food on the table and clothes on his back at the moment....That's why I'd hoped a bit of money for his beautiful looks would be really helpful until his daddy and I are in a financial position to put money away for him!

How insulting - first post on mumsnet and my integrity towards my is questioned in the first reply!

And Im aware of the ONE review on Webutation regarding Adoramodels, that's why I asked if anyone had had any personal experience with the listed companies

SarahKayTea Mon 22-Aug-16 23:15:25

Y0rkshirepudding: I wouldnt worry about what she has said (WorraLiberty) theres a million opinionated mothers out there that like to put other people down.
My theory is they have achieved nothing but have a baby, hence its the only topic they can comment on cause they have no experience elsewhere, makes them feel like their existance is worthwhile.
Having a baby is not an achievement. Majority do it. And each person does it their own way. As its their child and each child is different. So if you want to do baby modelling I would advise to go with scallywags which is a reputable firm and the only one that springs to mind currently. But be aware there are 38000 plus applications and a good amount are accepted which is nice. But its the companies that ultimately choose from all those profiles, so the agency can have alot of babies on the books, but only a handful get work.
However its nice to screenshot the emails of acceptance for fun to add to a baby book to embarrass them in later life smile

KailaBlueYusuf Tue 18-Oct-16 18:52:28

Hi guys I'm new to this just signed up and was wondering if anyone has been with Goldilocks agency for kids ?

Zayneb26 Wed 26-Oct-16 16:43:11

Hi there mummies I'd like to know which baby modeling company is the best in the U.K. Many thanks!

user1490132338 Wed 29-Mar-17 19:19:48

I applied to several agencies for my 8yr old daughter after being told what i'm sure every parent gets told about how gorgeous their child is & after decided to go for a free photoshoot with MMA modelmode.co.uk because one of my friends had taken their son there previously & said they were good. Everything was explained clearly & I was told that if I already had professional images for my daughter then they could use these without the need to see her as long as the images were of a high quality. I didnt have any professional pictures of her (well not since she was 6 anyway) so they arranged a photo shoot for me with no deposit & no obligation to buy the images if I decided not to take it further. I thought this was ideal as it gave me a chance to see how she liked the experience. The photographer they sent me to near Manchester was brilliant with her & made her feel completely at ease from the minute we walked through the door. I was amazed to see how well she did, took to it like a duck to water & the pictures that we got shown straight after the shoot were amazing! I was told that all of the images the photographer took would cost me just £95 which I thought was quite incredible really as the pictures i had done of her when she was 6 cost me nearly five times that! I was not asked for any money at the time of the shoot & told I couldn't buy them on the actual day as the agency didnt want anyone to feel under pressure to do so which made me feel alot better about the whole thing too. The following day I received details of how to buy all of the images taken during the shoot & told they would be held for two weeks before being deleted if I didnt buy them. I of course snapped them up & paid the photographer £95 directly. I was emailed the images instantly & got a disc of them all in the post a few days later as well. I then sent a selection of the images to MMA who used 5 of them to start her a page on their website. I also like the fact that their child models were hidden from public view as I didn't want these images being all over the internet. The agency did not ask for any money to put her on their books, they just wanted a signed contract & some basic details. It's been just over a month now & she has been forward for one job which we had to decline as we were away for half term. We also have just sent a selection of her new images to Eurokids as this is what our friend did to get her on the books there as well because both agencies allow you to be with other agencies too. There has been no mention of 'fees' with either agency so we are very happy that neither is trying to rip us off as some people are mentioning on here & facebook pages. All in all i'm happy with the service & communication i've had from both MMA model agency & Eurokids so recommend them highly.

kellyl0408 Fri 21-Apr-17 13:12:39

Hi, I have a little boy who is 4 now. He has been with Daisy & Dukes for the past 18 months. They are based in Welwyn Gardens, we have to go to London a few times a year but we make it a day out.
There is no fee to join them but you do pay for the photoshoot, the woman is lovely and there is no sale pitch. If you want to buy them then of course you can but not forced in to it. Michelle (D&D) then select the best pics for the website. The models pictures are hidden from the public which is very good. There is a contract to sign and the agency want the bank details of the child, not the parent - I like this part. D&D are a lovely team of girls and always there for emails or phone calls, Michelle is doing an amazing job.
He has been to castings which he loves, practicing his lines on the train. We make it fun for him.
I have heard that Scallywags is also a good one, he has just been accepted onto their books, there is a £20 per month fee.

Dont listen to what other mums say, the money my little boy makes goes into his savings account for him. Doesnt go into my pocket. If you child has been accepted, it will give them amazing experiences. Enjoy it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now