Talk

Advanced search

Places to take a friend and her baby in Victoria/ Kings Cross area (London!)

(10 Posts)
AlisonKBray Thu 03-Apr-14 14:37:29

Hello Mumsnetters, I don't have any kids so need some advice please on a suitable place/ places to go with my friend and her 6 month son when they come to London tomorrow for a few hours. She will get the train in and prefers to meet centrally rather than schlep to mine in E London so I need an idea of nice cafes near either station where we can have a chat and he can be happy - so I guess nice and quiet and spacious and hopefully no interaction with the tube for them. I know the Kings X area better but Battersea Park is a short walk from Vitoria Station by the looks of it. (I have never been). I see it has a zoo! Is this a good idea? Any suggestions very welcome and sorry about the long question.

HollaAtMeBaby Thu 03-Apr-14 14:42:43

Victoria isn't particularly near King's cross - which one is it?

Artandco Thu 03-Apr-14 14:45:56

Victoria and kings cross are different areas..battersea park is not that Close to Victoria..

I would go into one of the museums, baby can be pushed around and see stuff, you can chat, and they have cafes. Or go outside to a cafe with grassy area. If its still high pollution tomorrow she prob wont want baby outside all day tbh

nicename Thu 03-Apr-14 14:47:18

Battersea park is a two minute train ride from Victoria station.

Artandco Thu 03-Apr-14 14:48:02

Or farrigdon is next to kings cross, there is a nice green there surrounded by cafes/ pubs/ restaurants. At 6 months baby will mainly eat and sleep anyway

Earlybird Thu 03-Apr-14 14:52:15

Battersea Park not a short walk from Victoria - 30 minutes, I'd guess. Shorter to walk to St. James' Park by Buckingham Palace - though you'd want to time it to avoid changing of the guard crowds.

Btw - there is a nice playground in the park, though baby a bit young for that!

If you want Battersea Park, take a taxi or bus. Buses leave from in front of Victoria Station.

fuckwitteryhasform Thu 03-Apr-14 14:52:57

If its a nice day you could take a walk to Coram fields near Kings Cross, children only park, animals to look at. The shopping centre next door has v child friendly restaurants.
Tbh a 6 month old is usually v portable, happy to sit in buggy, easily entertained on a lap, unless crawling already when might appreciate a bit of grass. I'd be quite happy to meet in the carluccios upstairs in st pancras or one of the nice cafes in kings cross/st pancras and have a chat and bounce my baby on my knee for a couple of hours.

Earlybird Thu 03-Apr-14 14:53:09

nicename - Good tip. I'll have to try the train to Battersea Park next time!

fuckwitteryhasform Thu 03-Apr-14 14:53:52

British museum might be nice, walkable from kings x

JuniperHeartwand Thu 03-Apr-14 15:11:41

Quite near Kings X is the Brunswick Centre. Friendly restaurants (like Giraffe, Carluccios) and Coram Fields (park, only accessible if you have a kid with you) round the corner.

Kings X/St Pancras is mostly step-free from train/tube too (check your particular line).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now