Talk

Advanced search

I am writing instructions for DH if I die, what do I need to put on it?

(27 Posts)
FabBakerGirl Sun 09-Mar-14 18:14:13

So far all I have is my phone pin, email password, a list of who to tell (friends) and instruction to shred my diaries. I can't think of anything else. Makes me feel really unimportant.

His for me will be all official stuff - insurance, pension, bank etc related.

MikeLitoris Sun 09-Mar-14 18:31:12

Does he know your preferences for organ donation?

MyNameIsKenAdams Sun 09-Mar-14 18:32:56

A list of people who arent to be invited to the funeral grin

MrsPresley Sun 09-Mar-14 18:33:43

Funeral arrangements, songs, readings flowers etc

FabBakerGirl Sun 09-Mar-14 18:41:57

He knows I want to be an organ donor and that I want to be cremated. We have recently done our wills so that was covered but the rest I hadn't thought of, so thank you.

yegodsandlittlefishes Sun 09-Mar-14 20:21:08

Social media passwords and instructions of messages to leave/what en to close account.

Where your will is.

Who to give things to and what to say to the children.

canyou Sun 09-Mar-14 21:23:50

If you are to have a memorial card or service booklet what picture to use and update it every few years

canyou Sun 09-Mar-14 21:28:18

What bills are paid where and how they are paid, how to use the washing machine/hoover/lawn mower,
Contact phone numbers and addresses for extended family -- including his family--

PigletJohn Sun 09-Mar-14 23:28:27

Quite apart from practicalities of bank accounts and passwords, there ought to be a personal letter as well. It will be your last chance.

CuttedUpPear Sun 09-Mar-14 23:29:48

Watching thread to make notes.

BobPatSamandIgglePiggle Sun 09-Mar-14 23:31:37

What would you want him to do with your things? Charity shop etc?

Funeral songs

K8Middleton Sun 09-Mar-14 23:44:51

My letter, when I get round to writing it, has details of things like how I would like the children to be brought up. General but important things like religion, education, morals, residence, politics etc. Also a expression of wish for funeral, living will sort of things and a summary of financial holdings. My computer login maybe, although dh has admin rights so could access it himself but my family could not.

K8Middleton Sun 09-Mar-14 23:46:07

Details for how to access the family photos in the cloud! I forgot that.

FabBakerGirl Mon 10-Mar-14 13:13:38

Our will has covered everything official and he pays all the bills so knows everything. Really it is only personal stuff I need to tell him. I am the one who needs to know what official things I need to know.

I would choose a wedding photo on the funeral service and our wedding music at the funeral.

QuiteQuietly Mon 24-Mar-14 22:02:25

Do you have DC? I was unwell a few years ago and a list of "who does what, when & where" would have been useful. Also list of DC's friends names & numbers.

And for my DH at least, a list of his relations' birthdays and instructions for various household appliances...

DrinkFeckArseGirls Mon 24-Mar-14 22:09:09

Navis fuck right back onto this thread <lady vapours>
It's a fecking dictionery's word, you know?!

DrinkFeckArseGirls Mon 24-Mar-14 22:09:46

Omg, so sorry. Wrong thread...blush

ghostinthecanvas Mon 24-Mar-14 22:19:39

Drink your spelling.......
grin

DrinkFeckArseGirls Mon 24-Mar-14 22:22:14

I was in the hurry... blush again

I was only lurking and put this thread on my watch list to take some pointers down.

ghostinthecanvas Mon 24-Mar-14 22:26:29

I know its a serious thread but you really made me laugh. Do you have something to help with the serious vapours you must now be experiencing?
wine wink

onlyjoking Mon 24-Mar-14 22:27:36

Combination number for the safe, or at least where the keys are kept. I had to have safe ripped out when DH died, to access birth certificates wedding certificates ect, always a good idea to know where those things are along with passports. Insurance, premium bonds, shares.

TheNightIsDark Mon 24-Mar-14 22:28:05

Place marking for ideas.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Mon 24-Mar-14 22:43:38

I'm sober, ghost! Scout's honour.

ghostinthecanvas Mon 24-Mar-14 22:49:15

grin I never doubted it. I am offering you a wee glass of my lidls finest to help you feel a little better. I am not usually so generous but I actually had tears of laughter. My DH was hmm which made me worse.

archshoes Mon 24-Mar-14 22:55:31

Is there a reason you are doing this now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now