Talk

Advanced search

Pearl Wedding gift ideas...

(13 Posts)
stupidgirl Thu 11-Mar-04 20:33:29

...well, the title says it all really - I need some suggestions for Pearl Wedding gifts for my parents. Nothing toooo expensive, please :-)

Clayhead Thu 11-Mar-04 20:37:15

My brother and I bought my parents a gas bbq (something they never would have bought and they use it loads now they have it) but it's not very traditional...

kid Thu 11-Mar-04 20:54:03

my cousin got my mum and dad a bar of the soap called 'PEARL' for their anniversary!

Posey Thu 11-Mar-04 22:13:02

We got my parents a selection of pearl items for their anniverary. The main thing was a mother of pearl salt and pepper pot (which they don't use, just have on display). The other things included Cussons pearl soap, The Pearl by John Steinbeck, some pearl barley, bath pearls, pearl drops toothpaste.
Struggling to think of anything else but will ask mum next time I speak to her.

Tommy Thu 11-Mar-04 23:16:41

I made my parents a special anniversary cake (I think it was their 35th actually - coral) I made 2 round cakes, put red ribbons round each one and wrote "For Endurance" on them. We are always telling them that both of them deserve a medal for putting up with the other one for so long...

bluesky Fri 12-Mar-04 09:28:27

We found a really nice pearly photoframe and put pictures of the grandchildren in.

I found a sweet little pearly box for mum to put little treasures in.

Northerner Fri 12-Mar-04 09:39:02

I got my parents a beautiful shell shaped crystal bowl and filled it with those little glass bead things in a pearly colour.

mothernature Fri 12-Mar-04 10:05:35

The modern equivelant to Pearl is Diamond, I hope this helps to broaden your search for the perfect pressy for them both..

Jaybee Fri 12-Mar-04 10:11:40

I bought my mum some pearl earrings and my dad some mother of pearl cuff links.

KatieMac Sun 14-Mar-04 21:52:17

I thought peral was for 30 and diamond was for 60 (not much help for the presents I know but I'm just confused)

suedonim Sun 14-Mar-04 23:22:33

Our branch of M&S has some mother-of-pearl items at the moment, bowls, picture frames etc. Not sure if it's the real thing, though!

SoupDragon Mon 15-Mar-04 07:37:30

Present wise I'd try not to go themed at the expense of something they'd actually use/enjoy. My parents got a lot of silver stuff they wouldn't use for their 25th (how many rose bowls do you need??)

As for which anniversary is which, I think these are UK traditional ones. There are also US traditional and modern to choose from! Very confusing.

1st Cotton
2nd Paper
3rd Leather
4th Fruit / Flowers
5th Wood
6th Sugar
7th Copper / Wood
8th Bronze / Pottery
9th Pottery / Willow
10th Tin
11th Steel
12th Slik / Linen
13th Lace
14th Ivory
15th Crystal
20th China
25th Silver
30th Pearl
35th Coral
40th Ruby
45th Sapphire
50th Gold
55th Emerald
60th Diamond
70th Platinum

apieceofmum Thu 06-Nov-14 14:14:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now