Talk

Advanced search

DD (10) Glued To Msp. Should I Get Rid Of It?

(7 Posts)
SerahSonika Sun 04-Aug-13 09:40:16

DD has been playing all the time on a website called MovieStarPlanet. I went on it for a little bit. The forums were offensive and they talked about POOP, there was bikini-clad girls (I understand it when it's the beach chatroom), naked boys asking to date and inappropriate names e.g. HotBoy123, gangbang43, etc... and a boy asked me if I wanted to have sex with him O.O envy the girls were wearing scrawny clothes (some of them were fine) so I am NEVER letting her on again!! angry

ilovepowerhoop Sun 04-Aug-13 11:42:50

yes, get rid as it is a pile of rubbish. DD had it for a while and her account was hacked and she got suspended for using inappropriate language (although it wasnt her that wrote it). Dh emailed the makers of the game who refused to admit that accounts could be hacked, they reinstated her membership but we told her not to use it anyway.

There are much better games out there so I'd keep her well awat from that one (I am sure there are other threads on here about it too)

ilovepowerhoop Sun 04-Aug-13 11:43:47

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/primary/a1419378-Movie-Star-Planet

SavoyCabbage Sun 04-Aug-13 11:44:38

Hell yes! Boys asking for sex!

VintageBrunette Fri 07-Mar-14 22:19:54

Good on you, that site is a bad influence on our younger generation, full to the brim with hackers and pedophiles. It makes children want to be someone they're not and pressures them to fitting in by making innapropriate 'movies', forum stories and dressing in chavy, disgusting and scrawny.
Try showing her Club Penguin, Bin Weevils, Moshi Monsters or Pixie Hollow, it's more age appropriate. ;-)

Madmum24 Sun 09-Mar-14 14:24:59

Lik ed thread deleted? This is really disturbing, my dd is on that all the timeshock

theotherperspective Sat 26-Dec-15 01:02:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now